Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to trim values in sybase ase? Post 302982185 by Perlbaby on Monday 26th of September 2016 06:56:28 AM
Old 09-26-2016
How to trim values in sybase ase?

HI Team
I am using Sybase ASE15.7 version.
Below is the sample column values .
Would like to know how to
  1. Trim http:// and https:// from above list of example
  2. Remove characters after first /
  3. Include only the abc and xyzbre from above two entries .

Code:

abc
 xyzbre

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!
Don't overuse FONT/COLOR etc. tags!

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-26-2016 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Converted to formatted number-list

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim

Hello, I am passing a filename to a script to draw parameters from it. However, I want to use part of the filename as a parameter. The filename is transfer_ccf_3731_10.sh but I only need the 3731_10 part of it. Is this possible? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Regards, J. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell script to trim numeric values

Hello I am currently working on a shell script which actually needs to pull some file from a server , The filenames will have the extension with date/time stamp , i need to trim that and name it to proper format Example : xyz_20091108_22142365.gzip i need to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

sybase ase installer

i'm looking for an installer of Sybase ASE 11.9.2.6 for HP-UX. tried buying from the local distributor but he can only give me the latest version. can anyone point me to where i could possibly get it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_salazar
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help with Sybase DB

Hi, I'm facing an emergency situation, wherein I have to provide limited support to a Sybase DB temporarily as the DBA was fired. There is an urgent need of adding to users to the database. After some time on google, I was able to gather the below information on the database setup ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

5. Programming

Sybase ASE - AVG Function Error

Hi Team - I am using Sybase ASE 15.7 version. Below query is throwing an error stating Error : incorrect syntax near the keyword 'OVER' SELECT EMPLOYEE_ID , EMPLOYEE , Department, CAST( Salary as DECIMAL( 10, 2 ) ) AS Salary CAST(AVG( Salary) OVER ( PARTITION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies

6. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

Sybase ASE Soundex Function Issue -Need Suggestion

Dear Team I am using Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Trying my luck on SOUNDEX function to get unique records Though the command works for characters and provides unique code for similar outputs. But when i try with Starting numbers ( Followed with Street address ) , soundex... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Programming

Sybase ASE - Query Tuning - Need Suggestion

Dear Team Please provide suggestion on below query which is used in Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Query takes more time > 30 Mins to 1 Hr All required indexes are built Can we have any efficient approach to get the data retrieval faster for below query.Any help... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)