Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need help running a Foxbase command in UNIX Post 302982006 by jgt on Thursday 22nd of September 2016 10:55:28 AM
Old 09-22-2016
What operating system are you using?
Are you using a Unix version of fox, or a dos version through a does emulator?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a UNIX command from Windows

Hi I need to run a UNIX command from Visual C++ Windows program. I was thinking of the Windows program generating a dummy file on the UNIX drive. On the UNIX box I could have a simple FORTRAN porogram searching continually for this dummy file and executes the UNIX command when the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiegregg
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running windows command from Unix

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Is there any way to invoke a Windows command from Unix ?? For eg: I want to track down a user executing a script and want to send him a message through net send in windows .. I am able to get the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running windows command from Unix

Hi, Is there any way to invoke a Windows command from Unix ?? For eg: I want to track down a user executing a script and want to send him a message through net send in windows .. I am able to get the user machines ip ... and since I want my message to be popped up in users screen, wud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jar command not running in Unix

Hi , I am working in Sun SOlaris 9 and trying to extract a particular jar file in my home. I am giving command "jar xv <filename>" But it just hangs and does nothing ? Any pointers why this is happenning ? or how can I see contents of a jar file? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running a Unix command as a different user

hi, I wrote a C program (runas.c) that runs a command as a different user. The problem I'm having is that the new user's group membership isn't going into effect. Take the following scenario: I login as "kirk". I need to run some commands as "spock". kirk and spock belong to these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
4 Replies

6. AIX

Running unix command from windows? How?

Hello Folks, I have a need to execute certain scripts on a regular basis on a number of (AIX) servers. What I had in mind, is to accomplish this using ssh/rsh, auto login. Initially I developped the script, which can be invoked from one of the AIX servers (by loggin into the first host), and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

8. SCO

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is = ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is: ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
12 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)