Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need help running a Foxbase command in UNIX Post 302981933 by webuxer on Wednesday 21st of September 2016 12:47:30 PM
Old 09-21-2016
Question Need help running a Foxbase command in UNIX

Hello,

I'm new to Unix and need the help of an expert.
How can I run a foxbase command "DO perform FoxBase program" in Unix?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a UNIX command from Windows

Hi I need to run a UNIX command from Visual C++ Windows program. I was thinking of the Windows program generating a dummy file on the UNIX drive. On the UNIX box I could have a simple FORTRAN porogram searching continually for this dummy file and executes the UNIX command when the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiegregg
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running windows command from Unix

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Is there any way to invoke a Windows command from Unix ?? For eg: I want to track down a user executing a script and want to send him a message through net send in windows .. I am able to get the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running windows command from Unix

Hi, Is there any way to invoke a Windows command from Unix ?? For eg: I want to track down a user executing a script and want to send him a message through net send in windows .. I am able to get the user machines ip ... and since I want my message to be popped up in users screen, wud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jar command not running in Unix

Hi , I am working in Sun SOlaris 9 and trying to extract a particular jar file in my home. I am giving command "jar xv <filename>" But it just hangs and does nothing ? Any pointers why this is happenning ? or how can I see contents of a jar file? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running a Unix command as a different user

hi, I wrote a C program (runas.c) that runs a command as a different user. The problem I'm having is that the new user's group membership isn't going into effect. Take the following scenario: I login as "kirk". I need to run some commands as "spock". kirk and spock belong to these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
4 Replies

6. AIX

Running unix command from windows? How?

Hello Folks, I have a need to execute certain scripts on a regular basis on a number of (AIX) servers. What I had in mind, is to accomplish this using ssh/rsh, auto login. Initially I developped the script, which can be invoked from one of the AIX servers (by loggin into the first host), and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

8. SCO

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is = ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is: ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
12 Replies
LAMNODES(1)							     LAM TOOLS							       LAMNODES(1)

NAME
lamnodes - Resolve LAM node/CPU notation to Unix hostnames. SYNOPSIS
lamnodes [-chin] [where] OPTIONS
-c Suppress printing the CPU count for each node. -h Print the command help menu. -i Print IP addresses (instead of IP names) -n Suppress printing CPU count for each node DESCRIPTION
The lamnodes command is used to resolve LAM node/CPU nomenclature to Unix hostnames. It can be used to determine the current running con- figuration of the LAM/MPI run-time environment, and generate a boot schema that can be used to launch LAM in the future. By default, lamnodes will print out the node number, default IP name, CPU count, and per-node flags for each node in the running LAM. gethostbyaddr(3) is used to obtain default hostnames. If gethostbyaddr(3) fails, the IP number is displayed instead. This command can be used by setup shell scripts (and the like) to determine information from a currently-running LAM universe. For exam- ple, use lamnodes to resolve particular CPUs and/or nodes to specific unix hostnames. In a batch environment, lamnodes can be used to determine which CPUs share a common node (note that MPI_GET_PROCESSOR_NAME can be used for a similar effect in an MPI program). lamnodes also shows per-node flags. Currently defined flags are: origin The node where lamboot was executed. this_node The node where lamnodes is running. no_schedule The node will not be used to run MPI and serial processes when N and C are used to mpirun and lamexec. EXAMPLES
lamnodes N -n Display IP names and CPU counts for all nodes. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). lamnodes C -n -c Display the IP name of the nodes containing each CPU, and suppress the LAM node number and CPU count. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). SEE ALSO
bhost(5), gethostbyaddr(3), lamboot(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMNODES(1)