Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Files test How to recover a specific variable Post 302981902 by Arnaudh78 on Wednesday 21st of September 2016 05:50:48 AM
Old 09-21-2016
Thank for your reply, I use #!/bin/bash, So I work in Bash ? I'm beginner, I'm open at all.what do you recommend?

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-21-2016 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to test for a specific file size

Hello, In my shell program, I need to test for a specific size of a text file before it can be imported into an oracle table. If the size is less than that number, my program should stop processing. What is the correct command to do this test? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All, I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10 Thanks, Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover data from 2 files then combine

Using dd or similar tools to recover data from 2 damaged cdroms, I need a way to then combine the 2 files, 1 from each cd, and make a good file: this all result from finding that certain cd's tops scratch easily even when using the "proper" cd markers, hence making the file useless, however the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint65
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover deleted files in unix

Hi Experts, by mistake i deleted some files that are very important to the project. is there any way that i can recover those files,there is no backup for that but the details of the file we know. This will be a great help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover directory/files in unix

Hi Guys I accidently deleted a directory( and the files in it) in unix using 'rm -rf' :) Is there any procedure/script/command to recover the same? Your help is highly apperciated -thanks Subramanya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgbhat
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)