Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 7 PaceMaker Fence Agent Options Post 302981863 by Padow1 on Tuesday 20th of September 2016 04:26:58 PM
Old 09-20-2016
Pacemaker is new in RHEL7 and is not well documented by Red Hat and the community site uses different commands/syntax so not much carries over cleanly. Pacemaker can be a pain to configure but it works very well once going and does the job it is designed to do very well. That being said, I haven't found a use case where I would use it on VM's.

Stonith/fencing is a vital part of pacemaker, but if you are just testing you can disable it and the resources will start without it.

Code:
pcs property set stonith-enabled=false

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

electric fence

hi, i have downloaded electric fence from website,but i dnt know to install it in my system,plz tel me the procedure to install new packages into my system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m.mujahid
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fence status - beginners problems!!

Hi, I'd like to try and capture a fence status from Maestro and move it to another file, but each time I try it fails. For example, when using Maestro (conman) I enter: status I then get the fence status showing as 0 I then create a .dat file: touch statustest.dat If I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjhorwood
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Oracle ha from rgmanager to pacemaker

Hi, I've got one question about oracle rgmanager resource agent and ocf script. Rgmanager oracledb.sh script has an options called "vhost" which set the "ORACLE_HOSTNAME" value when you have different different cards on the same machine and different oracle instances. In ocf: heartbeat:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lantuin
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Power Linux Cluster Fence device on Power8 Platform

wasn't quite sure which forum to post in. What typical fence device to configure for a Power Linux PaceMaker Cluster running on the Power8 Platform (S822 Model of hardware), or what should be ordered with the S822 for use as a Fence Device? (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

[HA] Red Hat 7, pacemaker and start/stop scripts

Hi there, I am wondering if I could add start/stop ksh scripts provided by 3rd party to cluster... I read that script must be ocf/lsb compliant, however, in AIX I can just set up two separate scripts for starting and stopping application. Can similar be done under RH Linux cluster? Cheers, c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to add multiple resources to NFS pacemaker cluster

All, I'm looking for some guidance on how to accomplish automating the addition of exports to an HA Pacemaker NFS cluster. I would like to do it in bash for logistics reasons. The resource creation command looks like this: pcs resource create nfs-b2b-hg-media-10.1 exportfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux PaceMaker Equivalent to a SharedAddress Resource Type

In HA platforms, there is the concept of a "Scalable Resource Type, which included the sharedaddress" that is used in commonly Web Servers resource groups. The sharedaddress resource type is provided so a developer can use this Resource type to build their own scalable resource group. I see... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
attrd_updater command -n attribute [options] DESCRIPTION
attrd_updater - Tool for updating cluster node attributes OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -n, --name=value The attribute's name Commands: -U, --update=value Update the attribute's value in attrd. If this causes the value to change, it will also be updated in the cluster configuration -Q, --query Query the attribute's value from attrd -D, --delete Delete the attribute in attrd. If a value was previously set, it will also be removed from the cluster configuration -R, --refresh (Advanced) Force the attrd daemon to resend all current values to the CIB Additional options: -l, --lifetime=value Lifetime of the node attribute. Allowed values: forever, reboot -d, --delay=value The time to wait (dampening) in seconds further changes occur -s, --set=value (Advanced) The attribute set in which to place the value AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)