Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM Power Linux Cluster Fence device on Power8 Platform Post 302981857 by mrmurdock on Tuesday 20th of September 2016 02:12:17 PM
Old 09-20-2016
Thanks again. I am trying to get IBM developer support to tell me what cluster addon they support and recommend with PowerLinux, but they keep dancing around the question. So I will not be using Linux/PowerLinux on any IBM power Servers we integrate on. Have to choke down AIX/PowerHA.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Increasing Raw device Sun Cluster 3.0

Hi All , I would like to know the procedure for increasing shared volume space in sun cluster . Currently the configuration is like these . Main stripe oradb1/d91 2 1 /dev/did/rdsk/d35s0 1 /dev/did/rdsk/d36s0 =Total 49 Gb oradb1/d94 -p oradb1/d91 -o 88080480 -b 14680064 ==Total 7 GB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
4 Replies

2. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

3. AIX

New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config?

Hello, Got a IBM Power8 box (S822) that I am configuring for replacement of our existing IBM machine. Wanted to touch base with the expert community here to ensure I don't miss anything critical in my setup/config of AIX. Did a fresh AIX 7.1 install on the internal scsi hdisk, mirror'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Device Problem

I build up two node cluster (node1, node2) in virtualbox. For these two nodes I add 5 shared disk. (Also each node have own OS disk). 1 shared disk for vtoc 2 shared disk for NFS resource group 2 shared disk for WEB resource group When I finished my work; two nodes was ok and shared disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonofsunra
4 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
vim-registry(5) 						    vim addons							   vim-registry(5)

NAME
vim-registry - syntax for vim-addons registry files SYNOPSIS
PACKAGE-NAME.yaml DESCRIPTION
A registry file is a multi-document YAML file (i.e. it can be composed by several different YAML documents separated by "---" lines). Each YAML document represents a registry entry, that is the information describing a single addon. Ideally, the registry directory contains one file per package shipping addons; with a filename obeying to the convention PACKAGE-NAME.yaml. Hence a single package can contribute to the registry with multiple entries described in a single YAML file. For example, the "vim-scripts" package should ship a single /usr/share/vim/registry/vim-scripts.yaml file, containing one YAML document per shipped addon. The first lines of such file can look like the following: addon: alternate description: "alternate pairing files (e.g. .c/.h) with short ex-commands" basedir: /usr/share/vim-scripts/ disabledby: "let loaded_alternateFile = 1" files: - plugin/a.vim - doc/alternate.txt --- addon: whatdomain description: "query the meaning of a Top Level Domain" basedir: /usr/share/vim-scripts/ disabledby: "let loaded_whatdomain = 1" files: - plugin/whatdomain.vim --- Each registry entry may contain the following fields, to be typeset according to the YAML specification: addon (Required) Name of the addon. description (Required) Human understandable textual description of the addon. files (Required) List of the files which compose the addon and are required to be present in a component of the Vim runtime path for the addon to be enabled. Each file is specified relative to a component of the Vim runtime path. basedir (Optional) Directory where the files shipped by the addon (i.e., where the symlinks of the user/sysadm should point to) reside on the filesys- tem. Default is /usr/share/vim/addons. disabledby (Optional) Vim script command that can be used (usually by adding it to ~/.vimrc) to prevent the addon from being used even when it is installed. The intended usage of this field is to "blacklist" an undesired addon whose files are available, and hence automatically loaded by Vim, in a component of the Vim runtime path. AUTHOR
James Vega <jamessan@debian.org> SEE ALSO
vim-addons(1), YAML specification <http://www.yaml.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 James Vega This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Debian Project January 2010 vim-registry(5)