Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Montioring Script Tomcat catalina.out Post 302981715 by chaithanyaa on Sunday 18th of September 2016 08:26:34 AM
Old 09-18-2016
Thanks Don,

My log looks like this.

Code:
Sep 11, 2016 10:19:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
[GC 4532642K->390826K(16080384K), 0.2922149 secs]
Sep 11, 2016 10:19:28 AM org.hibernate.cache.SingletonEhCacheProvider buildCache
WARNING: Could not find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [com.clarity.core.security.iface.access.domain.Privilege]; using defaults.
Sep 11, 2016 10:19:29 AM org.hibernate.cache.SingletonEhCacheProvider buildCache
WARNING: Could not find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
Sep 11, 2016 10:19:29 AM org.hibernate.cache.SingletonEhCacheProvider buildCache
WARNING: Could not find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
Sep 11, 2016 10:19:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.clarity.webservices.spring.ClarityContextLoaderListener

Just want to get the errors or exceptions in Log for montioring. The application is deployed in tomcat user and has all permission. Need to send mail with the error that occurred. Any sample code ?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 09-18-2016 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Changed ICODE to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Catalina Analysis

How can I make analysis for catalina.out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Burhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Unix script to start remote Tomcat

I have Tomcat installed on a Unix box and I need to start it remotely from another Unix box. Tomcat is started using a script. When this script is run locally everything is fine. When I run the same script from remote box, tomcat starts but the command running the script does not terminate.:( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrgh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to fingure out what wrong with my tomcat restarting bash script

Hi, I am a nbee to Unix, I have used following script to check my tomcat is running or not and restart if it down. but actually it restart my tomcat each time running even my tomcat still running fine: Script that can run a check and perform an action if the check fails ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quyennd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for and start the Tomcat using a script

Hello Everyone,. I am a novice with shell scripting and have written some minor shell scripts to copy files and such that. Now I have a requirement to write a shell script to go check if Tomcat running in the same server is up or not, if not then run the Tomcat startup script. Then put this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaire
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Tomcat Instance using shell script

Hello Forum, I have prepared script to monitor the tomcat status. Following is the script which will monitor tomcat instance.I need little modifcation in the script. My script will grep for java,the output of grep command will analyze by if condition under for loop and will send following echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server

Hello everyone, I have a small expect script as follows; #!/usr/bin/expect -f set force_conservative 0 ;# set to 1 to force conservative mode even if ;# script wasn't run conservatively originally if {$force_conservative} { set send_slow {1 .1} proc send {ignore arg}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randeel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tomcat automaticaly stop in menu script

i have a problem with the code I created (see below). a. when I logged in as root and su to tomcat, i can execute all options. when I press X, it will exit properly. b. when I logged in directly as user1, I can execute also all options. if I press X i will logout automatically to putty.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Tomcat..Unable to deploy application remotely in tomcat

Hi, We have upgrade tomcat from 5.0.20 to 7.0.33 and made changes to server.xml file according to newer version.. how ever the upgrade went fine and now i am unable to deploy application remotely.. it is giving 403 access denied error.. we have seperate appbase directory mentioned in server.xml..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Tomcat Service with shell script

Hello Forum, I have prepared script to monitor the tomcat status. Following is the script which will monitor tomcat instance. I need little modifcation in the script. My script will grep for process, the output of grep command will analyze by if condition under for loop and will send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script monitor website wth default tomcat script

Hi all, on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5, and the timewait to 120 second, so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
Config::PropertyConfigurator(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Config::PropertyConfigurator(3)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator - reads properties file SYNOPSIS
# This class is used internally by Log::Log4perl use Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator; my $conf = Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator->new(); $conf->file("l4p.conf"); $conf->parse(); # will die() on error my $value = $conf->value("log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.filename"); if(defined $value) { printf("The appender's file name is $value "); } else { printf("The appender's file name is not defined. "); } DESCRIPTION
Initializes log4perl from a properties file, stuff like log4j.category.a.b.c.d = WARN, A1 log4j.category.a.b = INFO, A1 It also understands variable substitution, the following configuration is equivalent to the previous one: settings = WARN, A1 log4j.category.a.b.c.d = ${settings} log4j.category.a.b = INFO, A1 SEE ALSO
Log::Log4perl::Config Log::Log4perl::Config::BaseConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::DOMConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::LDAPConfigurator (tbd!) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-02-07 Config::PropertyConfigurator(3)