Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern Post 302981682 by mohit_vardhani on Saturday 17th of September 2016 07:49:38 AM
Old 09-17-2016
This will work , thank you and sorry for not using tags , now i got it.

One more thing , is there any way to timeout any command which is taking more time or hung in script due to any reason. I am using bash.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the line within the search pattern

Hi Guys, I had file as typedef struct { char TrailerType1; char TrailerTxt1; }Trailer; typedef struct { char PfigMoneyType; char PfigMoneyvalue; }PfigMoney; i need to print the lines within the search pattern. if i give the search pattern as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manosubsulo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print a specific line in Shell or awk.

Hi, I want to echo the 15th line from a file named as abc.txt, also i want to echo only the values in that line not the line number. Thanks in advance:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in specific position and print the whole line

I have two files abc.dat and sant.dat (Big file 60k rows) for every line's 1,4 of abc.dat need to seach if this is present on 28,4 of sant.dat every line. if its present the output needs to go to bde.dat Example: contents abc.dat aaaa bbbb cccc dddd contents sant.dat this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting:Fetching content from each line with respect to pattern.

one.txt ONS.820.log:V 20Oct2010:GP ^ ^ ONS.123.log:V 21Oct2010:GP ^ ^ ONS.820.log:V 30Oct2010:GP ^ ^ want to make new file from existing one with addition. 20Oct2010 User KV001 has name tk003 with buffer- 338-1 21Oct2010 User KV003 has name tk002 with buffer- 338-2 30Oct2010 User KV002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

7. Programming

Print specific pattern line in c++

Input file: @HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC +HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 TNTTJTTTETceJSP__VRJea`_NfcefbWe Desired output file: >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with print out record if first and next line follow specific pattern

Input file: pattern1 100 250 US pattern2 50 3050 UK pattern3 100 250 US pattern1 70 1050 UK pattern1 170 450 Mal pattern2 40 750 UK . . Desired Output file: pattern1 100 250 US pattern2 50 3050 UK pattern1 170 450 Mal pattern2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
3 Replies
CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)

NAME
CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML - Initialize FormBuilder from YAML file SYNOPSIS
use CGI::FormBuilder; my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( source => { source => 'form.fb', type => 'YAML', }, ); my $lname = $form->field('lname'); # like normal DESCRIPTION
This reads a YAML (YAML::Syck) file that contains FormBuilder config options and returns a hash to be fed to CGI::FormBuilder->new(). Instead of the syntax read by CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File, it uses YAML syntax as read by YAML::Syck. That means you fully specify the entire data structure. LoadCode is enabled, so you can use YAML syntax for defining subroutines. This is convenient if you have a function that generates valida- tion subrefs, for example, I have one that can check profanity using Regexp::Common. validate: myfield: javascript: /^[sS]{2,50}$/ perl: !!perl/code: >- { My::Funk::fb_perl_validate({ min => 2, max => 50, profanity => 'check' })->(shift); } POST PROCESSING
There are two exceptions to "pure YAML syntax" where this module does some post-processing of the result. REFERENCES (ala CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File) You can specify references as string values that start with &, $, @, or \% in the same way you can with CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File. If you have a full direct package reference, it will look there, otherwise it will traverse up the caller stack and take the first it finds. For example, say your code serves multiple sites, and a menu gets different options depending on the server name requested: # in My::Funk: our $food_options = { www.meats.com => [qw( beef chicken horta fish )], www.veggies.com => [qw( carrot apple quorn radish )], }; # in source file: options: @{ $My::Funk::food_options->{ $ENV{SERVER_NAME} } } EVAL STRINGS You can specify an eval statement. You could achieve the same example a different way: options: eval { $My::Funk::food_options->{ $ENV{SERVER_NAME} }; } The cost either way is about the same -- the string is eval'd. EXAMPLE
method: GET header: 0 title: test name: test action: /test submit: test it linebreaks: 1 required: - test1 - test2 fields: - test1 - test2 - test3 - test4 fieldopts: test1: type: text size: 10 maxlength: 32 test2: type: text size: 10 maxlength: 32 test3: type: radio options: - - 1 - Yes - - 0 - No test4: options: @test4opts sort: &Someother::Package::sortopts validate: test1: /^w{3,10}$/ test2: javascript: EMAIL perl: eq 'test@test.foo' test3: - 0 - 1 test4: @test4opts You get the idea. A bit more whitespace, but it works in a standardized way. METHODS
new() Normally not used directly; it is called from CGI::FormBuilder. Creates the "CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML" object. Arguments from the 'source' hash passed to CGI::FormBuilder->new() will become defaults, unless specified in the file. parse($source) Normally not used directly; it is called from CGI::FormBuilder. Parses the specified source file. No fancy params -- just a single file- name is accepted. If the file isn't acceptable to YAML::Syck, I suppose it will die. SEE ALSO
CGI::FormBuilder, CGI::FormBuilder::Source AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2006 Mark Hedges <hedges@ucsd.edu>. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This module is free software; you may copy it under terms of the Perl license (GNU General Public License or Artistic License.) http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html perl v5.8.8 2007-12-09 CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)