Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cfgmgr Error
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Cfgmgr Error Post 302981669 by Don Cragun on Friday 16th of September 2016 05:45:57 PM
Old 09-16-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Using multiple accounts to get around read-only status is not allowed.

Posting technical questions in non-technical forums is not allowed.

This thread is closed.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr and hdisk number allocation

Hi - can anybody tell me what the default behaviour is for cfgmgr when it allocates hdisk numbers to newly discovered disks in the ODM ? I want to add a disk from our FAStT700 SAN disk array and import it on our p-series (AIX 5.2). Problem is we import and export Flashcopy devices fror scripted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosteria
5 Replies

3. AIX

cfgmgr

Hi All, I remember my old senior mentor in AIX that cfgmgr should not be terminated on your console. Because if it's terminated in the middle, the odm might get corrupted. Is that true for AIX 5.x? Regards, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

5. AIX

Dual port NIC, cfgmgr

OS: AIX 6.1 The host has a dual port NIC installed and when I went to run `cfgmgr -v` to configure it I got an error showing device packages are missing from the install: `cfgmgr -v` on 10.15.xx.xxx cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
3 Replies

6. AIX

cfgmgr in my aix box

Hi When I run cfgmgr -v in my aix box I get the below error : cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.loopback My oslevel is 6100-06-02-1044 Please assist. Please use and tags when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

8. AIX

cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING

Dear all i have a sun SL500 tape library attached to my AIX box while issue the command cfgmgr i have the below issue test>cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.fcp.changer please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

10. AIX

Time taking for cfgmgr on dual VIO

Hi, From the man page, cfgmgr configures devices and optionally installs device software by running the programs specified in the Configuration Rules object class and it is not dependent on platform . Are there any fundamental differences impacting the speed of cfgmgr on a stand-alone and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
5 Replies
strace(1M)																strace(1M)

NAME
strace - write STREAMS event trace messages to standard output SYNOPSIS
mod sub pri DESCRIPTION
gets STREAMS event trace messages from STREAMS drivers and modules via the STREAMS log driver and writes these messages to standard output. By default, without arguments writes all STREAMS trace messages from all drivers and modules. with command-line arguments limits the trace messages received. The arguments, which must be specified in groups of three, are: mod Specifies the STREAMS module identification number from the streamtab entry. sub Specifies a subidentification number (often corresponding to a minor device). pri Specifies a tracing priority level. gets messages of a level equal to or less than the value specified by pri. Only posi- tive integer values are allowed. The value can be used for any argument in the command line to indicate that there are no restrictions for that argument. Multiple sets of the three arguments can be specified to obtain the messages from more than one driver or module. Only one process can open the STREAMS log driver at a time. When is invoked, the log driver compares the sets of command line arguments with actual trace messages, returning only messages that sat- isfy the specified criteria. STREAMS event trace messages have the following format: seq time tick pri ind mod sub text Components are interpreted as follows: seq Trace event sequence number. time Time the message was sent expressed in hh:mm:ss. tick Time the message was sent expressed in machine ticks since the last boot. pri Tracing priority level as defined by the STREAMS driver or module that originates the messages. ind Can be any combination of the following three message indicators: The message has also been saved in the error log. The message signaled a fatal error. The message has also been mailed to the system administrator. mod Module identification number of the trace message source. sub Subidentification number of the trace message source. text Trace message text. runs until terminated by the user. EXAMPLES
Display all trace messages received from the driver or module identified by mod Display trace messages of any tracing priority level from the driver or module identified by mod and its minor devices identified by the sub or Display the trace messages from the same driver or module and subs but limit the priority levels to 0 for subs 2 and 3; 1 for sub 4, driver or module WARNINGS
Running with several sets of arguments can impair STREAMS performance, particularly for those modules and drivers that are sending the mes- sages. Also be aware that may not be able to handle a large number of messages. If drivers and modules return messages to too quickly, some may be lost. FILES
NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strclean(1M), strerr(1M), strlog(7). strace(1M)