Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to move specific files from folders in find file Post 302981653 by cmccabe on Friday 16th of September 2016 01:57:54 PM
Old 09-16-2016
I will try to set the maxdepth. Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move folders containing certain files

Hello, How can I move just the folders that contains files modified n days ago? Source tree: |-- SourceFolder | |-- Subfolder1 | | |-- file1.dat | | `-- file2.dat | |-- Subfolder2 | | |-- filea.dat | | `-- fileb.dat Destination tree: |-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavix
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files to Folders

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement and i am not clear how to approach this issue in unix programming. I have a folder with 2500 files. The files are in below format. 1234_name1.txt 1234_name123.txt 4567_name1.txt 4567_name123.txt and i need a program which will read each file from this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a word and move it a specific location in xml file using perl?

Hi friends, I have one XML file having below structure :- INput XML file :- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <START> <A=value1> <attr name1="a1"> </A> <B=value2> <attr name2="b1"> <attr name3="c1"> </B> </START> output xml file should be === (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to download specific files and save in two folders

I am trying to download all files from a user authentication, password protected https site, with a particular extension (.bam). The files are ~20GB each and I am not sure if the below is the best way to do it. I am also not sure how to direct the downloaded files to a folder as well as external... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move specific folders and subfolders in a directory

I am trying to move specific folders and subfolders within a directory using the below. I can see the folders to move and they are at the location, but I am getting an error. Thank you :). mv -v /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/6-10-2016{bam/{validation,coverage},bedtools /media/cmccabe/"My... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i move folders and its content if folder is older than 1,5 days and keep subdirs in bash?

Hello all, do you know any way i can i move folders and its content if folder is older than 1,5 days in bash? I tried: find /home/xyz/DATA/* -type d -ctime +1.5 -exec mv "{}" /home/xyz/move_data_here/ \;All i got was that Files from DATA /home/xyz/DATA/* ended messed up in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files to directory based on match to file

I am trying to mv each of the .vcf files in the variants folder to the folder in /home/cmccabe/f2 that the .vcf id is found in file. $2 in file will always have the id of a .vcf in the variants folder. The line in blue staring with R_2019 in file up to the -v5.6 will always be an exact match to a... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
SPHINX-APIDOC(1)						      Sphinx							  SPHINX-APIDOC(1)

NAME
sphinx-apidoc - Sphinx API doc generator tool SYNOPSIS
sphinx-apidoc [options] -o <outputdir> <sourcedir> [pathnames ...] DESCRIPTION
sphinx-apidoc is a tool for automatic generation of Sphinx sources that, using the autodoc extension, document a whole package in the style of other automatic API documentation tools. sourcedir must point to a Python package. Any pathnames given are paths to be excluded from the generation. OPTIONS
-o <outputdir> Directory to place the output files. If it does not exist, it is created. -f, --force Usually, apidoc does not overwrite files, unless this option is given. -n, --dry-run If given, apidoc does not create any files. -s <suffix> Suffix for the source files generated, default is rst. -d <maxdepth> Maximum depth for the generated table of contents file. -T, --no-toc Do not create a table of contents file. -F, --full If given, a full Sphinx project is generated (conf.py, Makefile etc.) using sphinx-quickstart. These options are used with -F: -H <project> Project name to put into the configuration. -A <author> Author name(s) to put into the configuration. -V <version> Project version. -R <release> Project release. SEE ALSO
sphinx-build(1) AUTHOR
Etienne Desautels, <etienne.desautels@gmail.com>, Georg Brandl <georg@python.org> et al. COPYRIGHT
2007-2011, Georg Brandl 1.1.3 May 24, 2012 SPHINX-APIDOC(1)