Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Serioulsy puzzled here.
Top Forums Programming Serioulsy puzzled here. Post 302981582 by vbe on Thursday 15th of September 2016 04:40:51 AM
Old 09-15-2016
I thought like Robin last night, but then had a phone call so did not post and after I forgot..

you see when written like Robin its univoque but as presented in the first post (I find it ambiguous...), is it you should have used extra brackets to make it univoque otherwise, with all same weight you go from left to right?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Puzzled with user ID.

I hava been reading AUPE these days. I really am puzzled with the presentation of real user(group) ID, effective user(group) ID. How do they effect on the execution of process? What's the relationship between them? Appreciate your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lethefe
4 Replies

2. Programming

C++ Puzzled !!

#include <iostream.h> class A { public: void f(void) { cout << "hello world \n" ; } }; void main() { A *a; a = 0 ; a->f(); // OOPs...Am I mad? What am I going to do ? } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
1 Replies

3. Solaris

puzzled with VxVM and iostat..

Hi all, One disk on my root disk group failed in Veritas Volume manager. I replaced it with new one, initialized it and placed it with removed one. it Synchronized plexes and everything is fine. this node was second standby node of Sun cluster. yesterday I had failure on active node with boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samar
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Puzzled over over the relationship between the partition and geometry of hard disk.

Not sure why solaris couldn't detect the geometry of a hard disk which has a working OS of winxp pro. Is it due to the different OS that the partition information is stored in different location? When I type '"format" it is shown as below, c3d1 < drive type unknown>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: just.srad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puzzled with hexdump, hd and ln

How to create a symbolic link to a command with certain argument? When I man hexdump, it is said in the man page that "-C Canonical hex+ASCII display...Calling the command hd implies this option". Actually it is. hd equals to hexdump -C. And then I examined the ln command but find it is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Puzzled by Find

I'm new to playing with the command line on OS X and am puzzled by the response I am getting from the find command. I have a file structure similar to the following /Volumes/ ../Drobo/ ../../Pictures/ ../../../Image 1/ ../../../../Image 1.jpg ../../../../Previews/ ../../../../../Image... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Denrael
2 Replies
BufferText(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     BufferText(3)

NAME
XML::Filter::BufferText - Filter to put all characters() in one event SYNOPSIS
my $h = SomeHandler->new; my $f = XML::Filter::BufferText->new( Handler => $h ); my $p = SomeParser->new( Handler => $f ); $p->parse; DESCRIPTION
This is a very simple filter. One common cause of grief (and programmer error) is that XML parsers aren't required to provide character events in one chunk. They can, but are not forced to, and most don't. This filter does the trivial but oft-repeated task of putting all characters into a single event. Note that this won't help you cases such as: <foo> blah <!-- comment --> phubar </foo> In the above case, given the interleaving comment, there will be two "character()" events. This may be worked around in the future if there is demand for it. An interesting way to use this filter, instead of telling users to use it, is to return it from your handler's constructor, already configured and all. That'll make the buffering totally transparent to them ("XML::SAX::Writer" does that). AUTHOR
Robin Berjon, robin@knowscape.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2002 Robin Berjon. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::SAX::*, XML::Generator::*, XML::Handler::*, XML::Filter::* perl v5.16.3 2003-07-04 BufferText(3)