Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pbs script path from the id
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pbs script path from the id Post 302981581 by rbatte1 on Thursday 15th of September 2016 04:38:06 AM
Old 09-15-2016
Well, what information do you have to go on? Is it just the output from ps? The tool to use is probably lsof if you have that available. Try:-
Code:
lsof -o -p process-id

You will get a long list of output. If you paste it into the thread then we can explain it to you.

Kind regards,
Robin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Path Help

I have the following paths in a flat file /app00/app/mdbsorap/oradata/mfprd/system01.dbf /app00/app/mdbsorap/oradata/mfprd/system02.dbf /app00/app/mdbsorap/oradata/mfprd/system03.dbf /app00/app/mdbsorap/oradata/mfprd/system04.dbf /app00/app/mdbsorap/oradata/mfprd/system05.dbf what i would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseptember
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

PBS - restrict total number of processors per user

Hello everyone! I am a bit inexperienced with administering queueing programs. I installed Torque (a PBS derivative) on a Linux cluster and it is running well. There is one annoying problem though: users can run massively parallel jobs and serial jobs too. Almost all users do a mix of the two. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnuplot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running awk script in pbs file

Hi guys I have a problem with one module of my script. It's awk script running in pbs file - It's working when I make a call from pbs to separate awk only file like this but when I try to execute this code in pbs file it fails awk 'BEGIN { max = -1000; min = 1000 } { {$4 == "TCO"} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grincz
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Pearls before swine could be abbreviated PBS

I have these mental shorthands, e.g., OPC for other people's code/children, so when a wise suggestion is ignored, I thought, pearls before swine, but the acronym PBS is already taken. Maybe it's an inside joke? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
QSUB(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   QSUB(1)

NAME
qsub - submit a batch job in a familiar pbs format SYNOPSIS
qsub [-a date_time] [-A account_string] [-b secs] [-C directive_prefix] [-e path] [-I] [-l resource_list] [-m mail_options] [-M user_list] [-N name] [-o path] [-p priority] [-q destination] [-W additional_attributes] [-h] [script] DESCRIPTION
The qsub command displays information about nodes. It is aimed to be feature-compatible with PBS' qsub. OPTIONS
-a Display information for all nodes. This is the default if no node name is specified. -I Interactive execution. -j join It is not necessary (currently also not possible) since stderr/stdout are always joined. -v [variable_list] Exporting single variables via -v is not supported, since the entire login environment is exported by the default. -V The -V option to export the current environment is not required since it is done by default. -? | --help brief help message --man full documentation perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 QSUB(1)