Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting -gt [greater than] comparitive operator across the paltform Post 302981577 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 15th of September 2016 03:17:31 AM
Old 09-15-2016
[ .... -gt .... ] in /bin/sh runs on all Unix-like platforms in an identical way (compares integers and sets exit status).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greater Than

Hello every one! I need a little help. I would like to know if there is someway I can use a "greater than" condition in a shell script. #!/usr/bin/sh _curTime=`date +%H%M` if && then echo "$_curTime" fi I know that "<" and ">" is to input and output to a file I just wanted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than 200

I need to grep out usernames with UID's greater than 200 out of the /etc/passwd file for a server migration. It is the third field however I am not sure to to accomplish this. I tried to search the forums but did not seem to find an answer (might have over looked it). Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greater than less than in case

Hi , I want to do the following: i=6 case $i in -lt 10) echo Period=10 ;; -gt 10 && -lt 15) echo Period-15 ;; >15 && <20) echo Period=20 ;; >20 && <30) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing numbers greater than 0 with 1

I have some ASCII files containing numerous numbers. What I'd like to do is replace all numbers greater than 0 with 1. Examples of the numbers include: - 000011 and 000042 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Greater Than Or Equal To

BASH problem with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. I have tried a dozen variations for this IF statement to work with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. My code below WORKS. array=( $( /usr/bin/sar -q 1 30 |grep Average |awk '{print $2,$3}' ) ) nthreads="${array}" avproc="${array}" if && ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diex
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find greater than value

Hi I want to find greater than and min value. dategrep() { varlinenum=$1 varSESSTRANS_CL="$(egrep -n "<\/SESSTRANSFORMATIONINST>" tmpsess9580.txt | cut -d":" -f1)" echo $varSESSTRANS_CL } dategrep 8 Output of the above command is: I want to find out greater than 8 and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

greater than a certain value

I have an output from db which looks like : row1 row2 row3 abc 21.1 13 efg 21.1 45 ghi 21.1 75 when I apply following command ( cat my_output.txt | awk {'print $ 4' } I have following output : row3 13 45 75 now I want to figure out if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for numbers greater than x?

I have a file with multiple fields, example below File 1: Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|100 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|101 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|102 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep a greater than number

data: hello mr smith 400 you all ok? hello mrs. smith 700 you all ok? hello mr. everyone 150 you all ok? hello mr. you all 199 im lad you are ok using egrep, how can i grep out only lines that have a number greater than 250? cat data | egrep ..... can't use awk here. i was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
pthread_exc_matches_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_exc_matches_np(3)

NAME
pthread_exc_matches_np - (Macro) Determines whether two DECthreads exception objects are identical. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread_exception.h> int pthread_exc_matches_np( EXCEPTION *exception1, EXCEPTION *exception2); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
DECthreads exception object. DECthreads exception object. DESCRIPTION
This routine compares two DECthreads exception objects, taking into consideration whether each is an address exception or status exception. This routine returns either the C language value TRUE or the C language value FALSE, indicating whether the two DECthreads exception objects specified in the arguments exception1 and exception2 are identical. RETURN VALUES
The C language value TRUE if the exception objects are identical, or the C language value FALSE if not. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_exc_get_status_np(3), pthread_exc_report_np(3), pthread_exc_set_status_np(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_exc_matches_np(3)