Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Writing a REST server to run on FreeBSD -- how to structure for concurrency? Post 302981454 by Corona688 on Tuesday 13th of September 2016 11:31:22 AM
Old 09-13-2016
Shared memory can happen in IPC, too. What isn't shared between processes is file/socket handles. Theoretically, you can copy a file handle from one process to another, but the procedure for doing so without resorting to fork() makes me smell burnt toast... Threads of course don't have this problem, they share everything.

IPC is also a can of worms in some ways, their synchronization primitives have read/write bits just like files do, if you're not building your own private client/server model they can be more complicated than needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for a writing the directory structure to a file

Hi All, I am new user of shell scripting has come up with a problem. that I have a directory structure like : Home | |--------A | |----trunk | |-------A_0_1/ | | | |-------A_0_2/ | |--------B | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run a command on all txt files present in a dir structure

Hi, I have a directory structure like the one given below root\a\b1 root\a\b2 root\b\b1 root\b\b2 . . . root\j\b1 root\j\b2 Now, there are a txt files in each dir and subdir, there is a root.txt I have to write a script where in i have to run a command called "genrb <filename>"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsinghnegi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has anyone run the linux boinc client on FreeBSD

The reason I ask is because the einstein client in the freash ports is not the current one with boinc. No new work is being assigned. They sugested or asked if I could run boinc 6.10.17 linux in emulation and if so, I would be able to crunch einstein data. so, anyone done the linux emulation of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: droolin
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SED for all index.jsp files across a directory structure.

Hi, I am a novice and require help once again. I have a over 200 file all called index.jsp placed in different directories The following Sed command gives me the data of all included jsp files in index.jsp sed -n -e 's/^.*page="\(*\).*$/\1/p' index.jsp How can I run the above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkdutta
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy a directory structure from one server to another

Hello All, I have got a dev server and a production server will call it as D server and P server. I have a dir structure in my D server and i need to create the same dir structure in P server also using a shell script. If i do a find . in my D server, i am getting an o/p like :- . ./vio... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying the dir/subdir structure from one server to another?

Hi All, I want to copy the dir/subdir structure from SERVER-A to SERVER-B without copying all the files in each dir. Is it possible using SCP / SFTP command? For example, SERVER-A has following two dir/subdirectories and files under each subdir. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command without over-writing

I have a script called script.sh that has the following in it. cat /home/auto/script.sh #!/bin/bash ARGA=$1 if ; then echo "${ARGA}:Confirmed" else echo "${ARGA}:Unconfirmed" fi I need a way to run this script, and then, after script has confirmed the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing a script to run java commands in sequence in UNIX

Hi, Brand new to these forums, and I hope that someone can help me out. I'm trying to run the following command in UNIX java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T SplitSamFile -dt NONE -R reference.fa -I my.bam --outputRoot /my/path/SampleFiles/Sample_ It executes the SplitSamFile from GATK, but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wixaros
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run rest of script after parallel steps have completed

Hello gurus, I produce a number of .loc files in parallel depending on number of .csv in the folder for file in *csv do ./process.sh $file > $file.loc & done then I want to compile all the output from the previous step into a single masterlocfile and then perform the rest of the steps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies
RT::Client::REST::User(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       RT::Client::REST::User(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::User -- user object representation. SYNOPSIS
my $rt = RT::Client::REST->new(server => $ENV{RTSERVER}); my $user = RT::Client::REST::User->new( rt => $rt, id => $id, )->retrieve; DESCRIPTION
RT::Client::REST::User is based on RT::Client::REST::Object. The representation allows one to retrieve, edit, comment on, and create users in RT. Note: RT currently does not allow REST client to search users. ATTRIBUTES
id For retrieval, you can specify either the numeric ID of the user or his username. After the retrieval, however, this attribute will be set to the numeric id. name This is the username of the user. password User's password. Reading it will only give you a bunch of stars (what else would you expect?). privileged Can the user have special rights? disabled Can this user access RT? email_address E-mail address of the user, EmailAddress. real_name Real name of the user, RealName. gecos Gecos. comments Comments about this user. nickname Nickname of this user. lang Language for this user. organization address_one First line of the street address, Address1. address_two Second line of the street address, Address2. city City segment of user's address. zip ZIP or Postal code segment of user's address. country Country segment of user's address. home_phone User's home phone number, HomePhone. work_phone User's work phone number, WorkPhone. cell_phone User's cell phone number, MobilePhone. pager User's pager number, PagerPhone. contactinfo Contact info (Extra Info field). signature Signature for the user. DB METHODS
For full explanation of these, please see "DB METHODS" in RT::Client::REST::Object documentation. retrieve Retrieve RT user from database. store Create or update the user. search Currently RT does not allow REST clients to search users. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'user'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST, RT::Client::REST::Object, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 RT::Client::REST::User(3pm)