Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Curl to download using Linux not working Post 302981412 by Corona688 on Monday 12th of September 2016 11:38:38 AM
Old 09-12-2016
In what way is the file damaged? Is its length different?

What happens when you run 'file' on it to determine its type?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Upload/download files using cURL

hi please help me out here, i want to use curl command in shell script to test web pages, what i have is an opening page, when i click on a button on opening page, the next page comes up and then i have to upload a file n then click another button to submit and then comes the output page,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download using curl and redirect question_please help

Basically I am needing to Download (using curl) in the background some data from(link here), with stderr redirected to /dev/null, to a file named taxcode I was doing this, curl & http:// name here/download/pls/Title_26.txt 2> /dev/null > taxcode but the results were not what I was after. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santod
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curl Command to download remote certificate

Hi, I have Apache running with the certificates installed. I need a "unix curl" command to download and display remote server certificate. Kindly help. Note: Apache has ""SSLVerifyClient require" set in its configuration. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with using curl to download files from https

Hi I'm trying to download an xml file from a https server using curl on a Linux machine with Ubuntu 10.4.2 I am able to connect to the remote server with my username and password but the output is only "Virtual user <username> logged in". I am expecting to download the xml file. My output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryN
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use cURL to download web page with authentification (form)?

Hello, I'm new in the forum and really beginer, and also sorry form my bad english. I use linux and want to create little program to download automaticaly some pdf (invoices) and put in a folder of my computer. I learn how to do and programme with ubuntu but the program will be implemented... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MarcelOrMittal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies
Damage(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						Damage(3U)

NAME
Damage - repairs damaged graphics SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Graphic/damage.h> DESCRIPTION
Damage objects store damaged areas of a graphic for subsequent incremental repair. Areas of a graphic are "damaged" if they need to be redrawn for any reason, e.g., if their state has been modified or if under/overlapping graphics change their appearance. Damage objects try to minimize the amount of redrawing needed to repair a graphic. They are most useful when the graphic is complicated enough that it would be undesirable to redraw the entire canvas when the graphic is modified. Damage objects do not eliminate the need for an interac- tor's Redraw member function, though they could be used to implement it. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Damage(Canvas* = nil, Painter* = nil, Graphic* = nil) Create a new Damage object for a graphic on the given canvas. The painter is used to erase damaged areas using its ClearRect func- tion prior to redrawing them. virtual void Incur(Graphic*) virtual void Incur(BoxObj&) virtual void Incur( Coord left, Coord bottom, Coord right, Coord top ) Notify the damage object that a rectangular area has been damaged, either by passing the graphic that contributed the area or the area itself. virtual void Added(Graphic*) Notify the damage object that the given graphic was appended (not inserted) to the graphic but never drawn. The damage object can thus be responsible for drawing newly added graphics as well. virtual void Repair() Repair all damage incurred since the last Repair (or since the damage object was created if this is the first Repair). virtual void Reset() Reset the damage object. Any damage incurred is lost. virtual boolean Incurred() Returns true if any damage has been incurred. void SetCanvas(Canvas*) void SetPainter(Painter*) void SetGraphic(Graphic*) Canvas* GetCanvas() Painter* GetPainter() Graphic* GetGraphic() Set and get attributes of the damage object. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
int Area(BoxObj&) A helper function that returns the area in square pixels occupied by the given BoxObj. virtual void DrawAreas() virtual void DrawAdditions() Explicitly draw the areas of incurred and added damage, respectively. virtual void Merge(BoxObj&) Merge the given BoxObj into the list of incur-damaged areas, coalescing it into an existing area if the number of non-overlapping areas exceeds 2. void FirstArea(Iterator&) void FirstAddition(Iterator&) void Next(Iterator&) boolean Done(Iterator) BoxObj* GetArea(Iterator) Graphic* GetAddition(Iterator) Operations for iterating over the lists of damaged areas (represented with BoxObj objects) and added Graphics. FirstArea and FirstAddition initialize the iterator to point to the first item on the corresponding list, Next advances the iterator, and Done returns true if the iterator points beyond the end of the list. GetArea and GetAddition return the BoxObj or Graphic to which the iterator points. UList* Elem(Iterator) A helper function for returning the UList to which an iterator points. The _areas protected member is a UList that stores the list of damaged areas, and the _additions protected stores the list of added graphics. void DeleteArea(BoxObj*) void DeleteAreas() DeleteArea is a helper function for deleting the storage associated with a damaged area, including the area itself and the UList element. DeleteAreas is a helper function that deletes the list of damaged areas. SEE ALSO
Canvas(3I), Graphic(3U), Iterator(3U), Painter(3I), UList(3U), geomobjs(3U) Unidraw 30 January 1991 Damage(3U)