Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fetch Command in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Fetch Command in UNIX Post 302981406 by vgersh99 on Monday 12th of September 2016 10:45:36 AM
Old 09-12-2016
try either wget or curl (among others)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Fetch Time From Putside Source On Unix Platform?

CAN ANY PLESE TEL ME,HOW CAN I FETCH TIME FROM SOME EXTERNAL SOURCE (eg. NETWORK TIME SERVER S 200) ON UNIX PLATFORM,PROVIDED TIME IS COMING FROM SOME IP "X".WHAT CODE SHOULD I RUN IN STARTUP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch PIDs from the fuser command output

All, I have to have my script wait for another script when it is being executed. I used fuser -f scriptname to get the PID of the script but when passed the PID to wait command, the command does not accept it as a PID. Below is the example: my.script1: fuser_result=`fuser -f my.script2`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from oracle in unix shell script

Hi, How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting. list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on set heading off set pagesize 0 set tab off select IP_ID from table / exit EOF` The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to fetch file from shared folder to unix box

Hi All, We have a requirement of pulling a file from shared folder to our unix box(Our application Servers). The Shared Folder and the servers are in teh same domain for eg UK domain For this purpose I got information like if in both source and destination ftp is enabled we can fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch File from a URL to Unix Server?

Hello All, I wanted to get the software to be fetched from the Service Provide URL to my unix server. I tired using the mget, but resulted in error. Please take a look. $ wget -O V3-0-5-2.Solaris8-SPARC.tar.gz --http-user=hd87es3 --http-passwd=987dnja7 http://beyond.abinitio.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fetch data in unix

Hi All, I have a file with the below data as shown. A|2|20120430 B|EMP|NAME|DEPT C|12|SARC|01 C|23||ASDD|02 D|END OF FILE I want to fetch only the records that contains C|, what is unix command to fetch this data. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: halpavan2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Data from File using UNIX or Perl

Hello, How All are Doing today. I have a issue, I have a file which contains the data as follow <ENVELOPE><ENVELOPE_ID>TEST</ENVELOPE_ID><ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID></ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID><ENVELOPE_VERSION>2</ENVELOPE_VERSION><SIResourceDefaultVersion>true</SIResourceDefaultVersion><TYPE>GS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch values from a line in a file to variables in UNIX?

Hi, I need to assign values from a lines in a file into variables in unix, i am using Korn shell. I tried the below script from posts but i am unable to fetch every value in a variable. #! /usr/bin/ksh #for file in test.txt; do IFS=$'\|' I=1 while read -a val do echo... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Unable to fetch the UNIX variable information

I am having a file called variable_info.ksh in that file I am having following global variable information like… EMAIL_PATH=/var/mail TMP_PATH=/home/tmp And we are having another temporary parameter file abcd.txt, in that file we are having the following information like… EMAIL|EMAI_PATH I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesahammad
4 Replies
MOVE(7) 							   SQL Commands 							   MOVE(7)

NAME
MOVE - position a cursor SYNOPSIS
MOVE [ direction { FROM | IN } ] cursorname DESCRIPTION
MOVE repositions a cursor without retrieving any data. MOVE works exactly like the FETCH command, except it only positions the cursor and does not return rows. The parameters for the MOVE command are identical to those of the FETCH command; refer to FETCH [fetch(7)] for details on syntax and usage. OUTPUTS
On successful completion, a MOVE command returns a command tag of the form MOVE count The count is the number of rows that a FETCH command with the same parameters would have returned (possibly zero). EXAMPLES
BEGIN WORK; DECLARE liahona CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM films; -- Skip the first 5 rows: MOVE FORWARD 5 IN liahona; MOVE 5 -- Fetch the 6th row from the cursor liahona: FETCH 1 FROM liahona; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+--------+-----+------------+--------+------- P_303 | 48 Hrs | 103 | 1982-10-22 | Action | 01:37 (1 row) -- Close the cursor liahona and end the transaction: CLOSE liahona; COMMIT WORK; COMPATIBILITY
There is no MOVE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CLOSE [close(7)], DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 MOVE(7)