Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Scripts dont give a consistent output.. Post 302981375 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 11th of September 2016 02:50:37 PM
Old 09-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
I did not quote that you are deleting the parent directory bit intend to delete 'WORKSPACE' inside the parent directory. That said I am looking at your "workspace_setup.sh"...
[code]if [ "$#" -ne "3" ]
then
echo -e "${RED}USAGE : script.sh WORKSPACE DATASET_PATH UTT_PATH${NC}"
exit 1
fi

if [[ $1 = "" ]]
then
echo -e "${RED}Missing Workspace name! - Provide a name!${NC}"
exit 1
fi
[..]/code]
Firstly '$1' can NEVER be NULL if """$2""" and """$3""" exist. They just shift places so that '$2' becomes '$1' and so on.
[..]
Note: here $1 is tested if it is the empty string. $1 CAN be the empty string, while $2 and $3 are not if we call the script like so:
Code:
./script "" value2 value3

or if IFS is set in a certain way..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Routine doesn't give output when executed in crontab

I have a script running in the crontab that gets data from a database every hour. Now I would like to execute a fortran routine to process the data in some way, after getting it and saving it locally. I have added the following commands to my script: set convert =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SharkM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and give uniq output

Hi , Just to find out a way to compare these 2 files and give unique output. For eg: 1.txt contains 1 2 3 4 5 6 -------------------------------------- 2.txt contains 1 2 6 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for the value of one particular field and give output in a different file

hi i need to check for the value of one particular field : in the output file. the file may contain many such records as below how to ???? *** Throttled with base name + key params! : : -518594328 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les : lessrv1 : les : 2328 : 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
7 Replies

4. Solaris

metadevice submirrors 0 and 1 not consistent

At a new job, I've inherited a handful of Solaris 10 SunFire V240 servers. I noticed that the metadevices are not consistent, in a way that I've not seen before.... internal mirrored disks: metadevice d60 has c1t0d0s6 as submirror 0 (d61) and c1t1d0s6 as submirror 1 (d62) metadevice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Power
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give plsql procedure output

##Execute the EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE procedure ext_sta=`sqlplus -s ${Connstr} <<eof set heading off; set pagesize 0; set feedback off; set serveroutput on; execute EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE ; quit; here` vara="ORA-" var=`echo $ext_sta | grep -c $vara ` Hi All, above is a part of my unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script, I tested nohup but it did not help me. My code is: ffmpeg -i $input_url -c:v copy -c:a copy -listen 1 -f mpegts http://localhost:port/live/test When I open it in VLC, it starts feeding my screen and I see bitrate values. When I stop watching it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
MAKEDEV.LOCAL(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  MAKEDEV.LOCAL(8)

NAME
MAKEDEV.local -- create site-specific device special files SYNOPSIS
MAKEDEV.local [-fMsu] [-m mknod] [-p pax] [-t mtree] {all | site-specific-argument} [...] DESCRIPTION
MAKEDEV.local is used to create site-specific device special files. Each argument may be the word all or a site-specific argument. By default, there are no valid site-specific arguments, and the all argument has no effect; This may be changed by editing the script. The script is in /dev/MAKEDEV.local. Devices are created in the current working directory; in normal use, MAKEDEV.local should be invoked with /dev as the current working directory. Supported options for MAKEDEV.local are the same as for MAKEDEV(8). FILES
/dev special device files directory /dev/MAKEDEV script that invokes MAKEDEV.local with the all argument. /dev/MAKEDEV.local script described in this man page SEE ALSO
config(1), intro(4), MAKEDEV(8), mknod(8) HISTORY
The MAKEDEV.local command appeared in 4.2BSD. Handling of the same command line options as MAKEDEV(8), and the use of MAKEDEV(8) as a func- tion library, was added in NetBSD 5.0. NOTES
The relationship between MAKEDEV.local and MAKEDEV(8) is complex: o If MAKEDEV(8) is invoked with the all or local argument, then it will invoke MAKEDEV.local as a child process, with options similar to those that were originally passed to MAKEDEV(8), and with the all argument. o MAKEDEV.local uses shell functions defined in MAKEDEV(8). This is done by loading MAKEDEV(8) using the shell ``.'' command, with the MAKEDEV_AS_LIBRARY variable set (to inform MAKEDEV(8) that it should behave as a function library, not as an independent program). BSD
August 6, 2011 BSD