Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Scripts dont give a consistent output.. Post 302981372 by xbin on Sunday 11th of September 2016 01:47:25 PM
Old 09-11-2016
I would go though all these files and quote your variables.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Routine doesn't give output when executed in crontab

I have a script running in the crontab that gets data from a database every hour. Now I would like to execute a fortran routine to process the data in some way, after getting it and saving it locally. I have added the following commands to my script: set convert =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SharkM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and give uniq output

Hi , Just to find out a way to compare these 2 files and give unique output. For eg: 1.txt contains 1 2 3 4 5 6 -------------------------------------- 2.txt contains 1 2 6 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for the value of one particular field and give output in a different file

hi i need to check for the value of one particular field : in the output file. the file may contain many such records as below how to ???? *** Throttled with base name + key params! : : -518594328 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les : lessrv1 : les : 2328 : 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
7 Replies

4. Solaris

metadevice submirrors 0 and 1 not consistent

At a new job, I've inherited a handful of Solaris 10 SunFire V240 servers. I noticed that the metadevices are not consistent, in a way that I've not seen before.... internal mirrored disks: metadevice d60 has c1t0d0s6 as submirror 0 (d61) and c1t1d0s6 as submirror 1 (d62) metadevice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Power
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give plsql procedure output

##Execute the EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE procedure ext_sta=`sqlplus -s ${Connstr} <<eof set heading off; set pagesize 0; set feedback off; set serveroutput on; execute EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE ; quit; here` vara="ORA-" var=`echo $ext_sta | grep -c $vara ` Hi All, above is a part of my unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script, I tested nohup but it did not help me. My code is: ffmpeg -i $input_url -c:v copy -c:a copy -listen 1 -f mpegts http://localhost:port/live/test When I open it in VLC, it starts feeding my screen and I see bitrate values. When I stop watching it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)