Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Scripts dont give a consistent output.. Post 302981367 by kidi on Sunday 11th of September 2016 12:39:00 PM
Old 09-11-2016
Scripts dont give a consistent output..

I have at moment created a setup script that is capable of setting up a workspace for an kaldi enviroment.

The script can be found here setup_base_file

I guess you wouldn't not be able to run it, without having Kaldi installed, but since this question more relates to scripting, than the kaldi framwork, would it not be nessesary to install it.

The problem is when i run the script
Code:
./workspace_setup.sh.

The last command in this script the data directory it has created, sometimes it succeeds other times not, and the sometimes part is what bothers me... why is this the case. I usually test it be deleting all the files it has created by
Code:
rm -rf ../${WORKSPACE}

and then run the script again.

Does something in the script seem to do so?.. It quite annoys me that it works sometime and other times not....

example:

kidi@kidi-ThinkPad-T420s:~/kaldi-trunk/egs/setup_base_files$ ./workspace_setup.s - Pastebin.com

Interesting parts from example:

Code:
Line 144: utils/validate_data_dir.sh: Successfully validated data-directory data/train # Workspace validation sucessfull
Line 146: kidi@kidi-ThinkPad-T420s:~/kaldi-trunk/egs/setup_base_files$ rm -rf ../start/ # Deleting created workspace and all files in it

Line 147: kidi@kidi-ThinkPad-T420s:~/kaldi-trunk/egs/setup_base_files$ ./workspace_setup.sh "start" /home/kidi.. # Creating a new workspace
Line 290: utils/validate_data_dir.sh: file data/train/utt2spk is not in sorted order or has duplicates # Same validation as in line 144  Error encountered.  No change in procedure..

Last edited by kidi; 09-11-2016 at 01:49 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Routine doesn't give output when executed in crontab

I have a script running in the crontab that gets data from a database every hour. Now I would like to execute a fortran routine to process the data in some way, after getting it and saving it locally. I have added the following commands to my script: set convert =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SharkM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and give uniq output

Hi , Just to find out a way to compare these 2 files and give unique output. For eg: 1.txt contains 1 2 3 4 5 6 -------------------------------------- 2.txt contains 1 2 6 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for the value of one particular field and give output in a different file

hi i need to check for the value of one particular field : in the output file. the file may contain many such records as below how to ???? *** Throttled with base name + key params! : : -518594328 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les : lessrv1 : les : 2328 : 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
7 Replies

4. Solaris

metadevice submirrors 0 and 1 not consistent

At a new job, I've inherited a handful of Solaris 10 SunFire V240 servers. I noticed that the metadevices are not consistent, in a way that I've not seen before.... internal mirrored disks: metadevice d60 has c1t0d0s6 as submirror 0 (d61) and c1t1d0s6 as submirror 1 (d62) metadevice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Power
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give plsql procedure output

##Execute the EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE procedure ext_sta=`sqlplus -s ${Connstr} <<eof set heading off; set pagesize 0; set feedback off; set serveroutput on; execute EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE ; quit; here` vara="ORA-" var=`echo $ext_sta | grep -c $vara ` Hi All, above is a part of my unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script, I tested nohup but it did not help me. My code is: ffmpeg -i $input_url -c:v copy -c:a copy -listen 1 -f mpegts http://localhost:port/live/test When I open it in VLC, it starts feeding my screen and I see bitrate values. When I stop watching it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
AUTOHEADER(1)						      General Commands Manual						     AUTOHEADER(1)

NAME
autoheader2.13 - creates a template file of C #define's for use by configure. SYNOPSIS
autoheader2.13 [ --help | -h ] [ --localdir=dir | -l dir ] [ --macrodir=dir | -m dir ] [ --version ] DESCRIPTION
The autoheader2.13 program can create a template file of C #define statements for configure to use. If configure.in invokes AC_CON- FIG_HEADER(FILE), autoheader2.13 creates FILE.in; if multiple file arguments are given, the first one is used. Otherwise, autoheader2.13 creates config.h.in. If you give autoheader2.13 an argument, it uses that file instead of configure.in and writes the header file to the standard output instead of to config.h.in. If you give autoheader2.13 an argument of -, it reads the standard input instead of configure.in and writes the header file to the standard output. autoheader2.13 scans configure.in and figures out which C preprocessor symbols it might define. It copies comments and #define and #undef statements from a file called acconfig.h, which comes with and is installed with Autoconf. It also uses a file called acconfig.h in the current directory, if present. If you AC_DEFINE any additional symbols, you must create that file with entries for them. For symbols defined by AC_CHECK_HEADERS, AC_CHECK_FUNCS, AC_CHECK_SIZEOF, or AC_CHECK_LIB, autoheader2.13 generates comments and #undef statements itself rather than copying them from a file, since the possible symbols are effectively limitless. The file that autoheader2.13 creates contains mainly #define and #undef statements and their accompanying comments. If ./acconfig.h con- tains the string @TOP@, autoheader2.13 copies the lines before the line containing @TOP@ into the top of the file that it generates. Simi- larly, if ./acconfig.h contains the string @BOTTOM@, autoheader2.13 copies the lines after that line to the end of the file it generates. Either or both of those strings may be omitted. An alternate way to produce the same effect is to create the files FILE.top (typically config.h.top) and/or FILE.bot in the current direc- tory. If they exist, autoheader2.13 copies them to the beginning and end, respectively, of its output. Their use is discouraged because they have file names that contain two periods, and so can not be stored on MS-DOS; also, they are two more files to clutter up the direc- tory. But if you use the --localdir=DIR option to use an acconfig.h in another directory, they give you a way to put custom boilerplate in each individual config.h.in. autoheader2.13 accepts the following options: --help -h Print a summary of the command line options and exit. --localdir=DIR -l DIR Look for the package files aclocal.m4 and acconfig.h (but not FILE.top and FILE.bot) in directory DIR instead of in the current directory. --macrodir=DIR -m DIR Look for the installed macro files and acconfig.h in directory DIR. You can also set the AC_MACRODIR environment variable to a directory; this option overrides the environment variable. --version Print the version number of Autoconf and exit. SEE ALSO
autoconf2.13(1), autoreconf2.13(1), autoscan2.13(1), autoupdate2.13(1), ifnames2.13(1) AUTHORS
David MacKenzie, with help from Franc,ois Pinard, Karl Berry, Richard Pixley, Ian Lance Taylor, Roland McGrath, Noah Friedman, David D. Zuhn, and many others. This manpage written by Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux autoconf2.13 package. Autoconf AUTOHEADER(1)