Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find n.of weekdays and n.of weekends in a given date Post 302981356 by ROCK_PLSQL on Sunday 11th of September 2016 08:24:24 AM
Old 09-11-2016
Script to find n.of weekdays and n.of weekends in a given date

Hi All,

Could you please provide the shell script to find number of weekdays and
number of weekends for a given date for that month.

Monday to friday should be considered as weekdays and Saturday and Sunday should be considered as weekends.

Date should be passed as parameter.

For example
if we pass date as 2016-09-10 then
O/P weedays weekends
22 8

if we pass date as 2016-02-12 then
O/P weedays weekends
21 8

if we pass date as 2016-08-05 then
O/P weedays weekends
23 8

Please help me.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus, I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ar.karan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Code to find weekends in Sybase.

Hi All, I need a help here, actually i want SQl code which will determine all Saturdays and Sunday in given year (say 2009) and display it's dates. E.g :- 3 ---> Saturday 4 --> Sunday (for 2009) and so on. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Arvind. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What do you do during weekends ? :)

Its been a while since we had any fun polls or interesting topics in this forum. So, here I start a thread rather calling it as a question - " What do you do during weekends ? :) " For many, on hearing the term - weekends should excite them :b: for ( few ) some - uhhh .. its just another day... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the router reboot date using script?

Hai Iam having router output in a text file.from this data how to find out the router reboot date and time using script bgl-ras-bng-bge-09>show version | grep Time Router Up Time - 61 days, 21 hours 31 minutes 49 secs bgl-ras-bng-bge-09>show clock Thu Feb 14 10:16:14 2013 IST output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the date of previous day in shell script?

Hi Experts, i am using the below code get the date of previous day. #!/usr/bin/ksh datestamp=`date '+%Y%m%d'` yest=$((datestamp -1)) echo $yest When i execute the code i am getting output as: 20130715 What i am trying here is, based on the date passed i am fetching previus day's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to find a date variable and increment it

Hi, I have parameter file wo_location.prm which has a date variable $last_upd_date= 02032016. I need to write a unix shell script to find that variable and increment it by 1 day. The path to the file is root/dir_lc/shared/param/wo_location.prm and the variable is $last_upd_date. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isenhiem
2 Replies
DP(8)                                                                [nmh-1.5]                                                               DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)