Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding a List of Times
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding a List of Times Post 302981296 by Brusimm on Friday 9th of September 2016 01:48:43 PM
Old 09-09-2016
Gang, this does put things in a better light in my brain...
Don... yes, I am using KSH...
But seeing this same problem solved in multiple ways helps me grasp the entire processing concept.
And now I do have a running process that's cranking out and summing up time numbers. But if I am stuck in another shell or environment, well, now I have these other options also.
Thank you very much for your time gang!
Bruce

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Name and Password List/adding and removing users.

Hello everyone and let me start off by thanking anyone who can help with this. I work for a company that uses Unix as one of their servers. I'm not at all familar with Unix beyond logging after I restart the server:rolleyes: I'm looking for some command that will bring me up a list of current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disgracedsaint
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting certain times from a list

Hi all, I have a list of times: ...10:02 15:34 20:05 01:51 06:55 09:00 05:52... That's just part of the list (its huge). How do I go about selecting certain times, e.g. just between 23:00 and 05:00 ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a list of numbers 3 by 3

i have a list of numbers like this; 124 235 764 782 765 451 983 909 ... and i want to make a sum with the first 3 of them then the next 3 and so on. 124+235+764=1123 782+765+451=1998 ... some ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need scripting help in :Adding 20% to a list of number :

Hi Experts, I want to add 20% to the values and get an output , please advise with script , awk etc, # cat datafile.txt 50.4053 278.383 258.164 198.743 4657.66 12.7441 646.787 1.56836 23.2969 191.805 53.3096 1.12988 999.058 4100.29 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Characters to a Word List

If I had a word list with a large amount of words in it, how would I (using a unix command) add, say, 123 to the end of each word? EDIT: The word list is stored in a large text file. I need a command that applies the ending to each word in the file and saves the result in a new text file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: evillion
7 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK adding prefix/suffix to list of strings

75 103 131 133 138 183 197 221 232 234 248 256 286 342 368 389 463 499 524 538 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

9. Solaris

PostgreSQL - Adding to SVCS list.

I'm having some troubles setting an instance of postgreSQL to automatically start upon system boot. I have two servers running this app, one is automatically starting the service, the other is not. I'm attempting to use the "svcadmin" command, however, apparently when I run a "svcs -a" search, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Long List Of Large Numbers

Hi All, I have a file with long list of numbers. This file contains only one column. These numbers are very large. I am using following command: cat myfile.txt | awk '{ sum+=$1} END {print sum}' The output is coming in scientific notation. How do I get the result in proper format? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)