Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/fstab entries
Operating Systems Linux /etc/fstab entries Post 302981173 by orange47 on Thursday 8th of September 2016 03:09:04 AM
Old 09-08-2016
it seems to be used for backup:
"<dump> - used by the dump utility to decide when to make a backup. Dump checks the entry and uses the number to decide if a file system should be backed up. Possible entries are 0 and 1. If 0, dump will ignore the file system; if 1, dump will make a backup. Most users will not have dump installed, so they should put 0 for the <dump> entry."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/fstab

I've created a new drive and i've added it to my fstab file but on startup it will not mount. here is how i put it into my fstab file, is that right? /dev/hdb2 /disk2a ext3 defaults 1 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
6 Replies

2. Linux

Parameter to edit in /etc/fstab in RH 8.0

Hi All, In RH 8.0, I am not able to mount USB pendrive. I know one method where in /etc/fstab is to be edited, so that it points to a directory /mnt/usb. After that it mount automatically. Unfortunately, i have forgotten the parameter to add in /etc/fstab-can anyone help me please? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptlearner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab question

Folks; Please be patient with this issue when you read it. I know it's a little tricky. I have a new share created on my SUSE 10 box. I'm trying to edit the /etc/fstab file or find a way to make this share needs no authentication. The reason for that is we're using an outside application to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

odd entry in /etc/fstab

I was making text file copies of some system utility output (e.g. ioscan) and happened to look at /etc/fstab and found this: /dev/vg02/lvol1 /prodbkup vxfs ioerror=mwdisable,log,nodatainlog,dev=40 020001 0 0 my other entries look like this: /dev/vg04/lvol1 /trainbkup vxfs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FSTAB Problem

Hello, I transferred a machine from a tape back into a virtual machine. I created several paritions so I could xfter the date into them and made sda1 the active one. When I try and boot the VM it does not work. I used KNOPPIX to create the partitions and transfer the information from the tape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Using a variable in fstab

We have a load of servers which require cloning in VMWare, each of which have their own area on netapp for storage. I was trying to be a bit clever and use a variable within /etc/fstab so I dont need to edit it every time like so; netapp:/vol/vol_nfs_server/servers/`hostname | sed 's/\./ /g' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab

hi , i'm creating a shell script using fstab for my project of last year, i wonder you can help me to know what is the command allow me to get the list of unmounted partitions. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux001
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

fstab question

I have created a thumbdrive with a bootable version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, it uses Grub legacy. One of the issues I have is that everytime I boot a new system from the thumbdrive, it writes entries for the partitions in the fstab. Consequently, when I boot another system, the OS reads the fstab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Effects of /etc/fstab file!

Hi Folks! I accidentally overwrote in /etc/fstab file. Can you guys please tell me, what impact it would have created, when I restarted the machine(RHEL6). I executed this command : # blkid /dev/vda5 > /etc/fstab (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
17 Replies

10. Red Hat

Mount /etc/fstab

Can you please help me mount below filesystem in fstab ( I have rhel 5 ) as the line is long - it is not taking as single line How can break this in 2 line and act as one ....please help ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies
VIRTUOSO-T(1)															     VIRTUOSO-T(1)

NAME
virtuoso-t - OpenLink Virtuoso Opensource Server SYNOPSIS
virtuoso-t [-fcnCbDARwMKrBd] [+foreground] [+configfile arg] [+no-checkpoint] [+checkpoint-only] [+backup-dump] [+crash-dump] [+configfile arg] [+restore-crash-dump] [+wait] [+more arg] [+dumpkeys arg] [+restore-backup arg] [+backup-dirs arg] [+debug] [+pwdold arg] [+pwddba arg] [+pwddav arg] virtuoso-t [+help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the virtuoso-t command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the 'doc' VAD package. virtuoso-t is the OpenLink Virtuoso server OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the 'doc' VAD package. +foreground run in the foreground +configfile use alternate configuration file +no-checkpoint do not checkpoint on startup +checkpoint-only exit as soon as checkpoint on startup is complete +backup-dump dump database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump dump inconsistent database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump-data-ini specify the DB ini to use for reading the data to dump +restore-crash-dump restore from a crash-dump +wait wait for background initialization to complete +mode specify mode options for server startup (onbalr) +dumpkeys specify key id(s) to dump on crash dump (default : all) +restore-backup default backup directories +backup-dirs run in the foreground +debug Show additional debugging info +pwdold Old DBA password +pwddba New DBA password +pwddav New DAV password FILES
/etc/virtuoso/virtuoso.ini The configuration file to control the behaviour of the main instance of virtuoso-t. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by the 'doc' VAD package. 17 April 2013 VIRTUOSO-T(1)