Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk output is space delimeted not tab delimeted Post 302981103 by cmccabe on Wednesday 7th of September 2016 10:32:53 AM
Old 09-07-2016
I total missed that, thank you very much Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in output from awk command

Hi I have tried this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print$5}' note that the $5 is the column that displays full name- i.e. Kevin Kambell To the point, my output is fine except one thing I do not understand that some of output lines have space in front of them which I checked in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting .txt to comma delimeted file

Dear all, I have a file with 5L records. one of the record in the file is as shown below. MARIA THOMAS BASIL 1000 FM 1111 MD GHANA YY 77354 4774 99999999 1234567 I need to convert this record in below format "","","","","MARIA","THOMAS","BASIL","","1000 FM 1111 MD","STE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OSD
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting a .txt file to comma delimeted file

Dear all, I have a file with 5L records. one of the record in the file is as shown below. MARIA THOMAS BASIL 1000 FM 1111 MD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OSD
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find space and tab.

Wants to print line when there exist leading or trailing space or tab in fields 2,3 and 5 The below code prints all lines in file even if they dont have leading and trailing space or tab. nawk -F"|" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i ~ "^*" || $i ~ "*$")}}1' file file Ouput required: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output - tab formatted - awk

Dear All, Good Day. I would like to hear your suggestions for the following problem: I have a file with 5 columns with some numbers in 16 lines as shown below. Input file: Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 Col 5 12 220 2 121 20 234 30 22 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output file with <Tab> or <Space> Delimited

Input file: xyz,pqrs.lmno,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA abcd,pqrs.xyz,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA Expected Output: xyz pqrs.lmno NA NA NA NA NA NA NA abcd pqrs.xyz NA NA NA NA NA NA NA Command Tried so far: awk -F"," 'BEGIN{OFS=" ";} {print}' $File_Path/File_Name.csv Issue:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output seperated by tab

I am just trying to output the below awk separated by tabs. Thank you :). awk (added OFS as an attempt to itroduce tabs) awk '{split($5,a,"-"); OFS='\t' print $1,$2,$3,a}' file.bed > test.bed The awk runs and produces all the data in 1 field instead of 4 fields. current output ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add tab to output of both conditions

In the below awk written by @RavinderSingh13 I have added a few lines and am trying to have the output be tab-delimited. The input is space-delimeted and the portion in bold seems to add a tab to the Not found but not the found. Thank you :). file1 One 1 Two 2 Three 3 file2 One 1... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk printing leading tab in output

The awk below executes and produces the current output. it skips the header in row 1 and prints $4,$5,$6 and then adds the header row back. The problem is that it keeps the tailing tab and prints it in front of $1. I could add a pipe to remove the tab, but is there a better way to do it with on... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
sg_get_mem_stats(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       sg_get_mem_stats(3)

NAME
sg_get_mem_stats, sg_get_swap_stats - get VM statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <statgrab.h> sg_mem_stats *sg_get_mem_stats(void); sg_swap_stats *sg_get_swap_stats(void); DESCRIPTION
Memory statistics are accessed through the sg_get_mem_stats function. It returns a pointer to a static sg_mem_stats. The sg_get_swap_stats returns returns swap statistics. It returns a pointer to a static sg_swap_stats. On the FreeBSD operating system elevated privileges are required to access the swap statistics. Making the program setgid kmem should be sufficient. Programs running as root will not have this problem. RETURN VALUES
The VM system calls can return a pointer to either a sg_mem_stats or a sg_swap_stats. typedef struct{ long long total; long long free; long long used; long long cache; }sg_mem_stats; total The total amount of memory in bytes. free The total free memory in bytes. used The total used memory in bytes. cache The amount of cache used in bytes. typedef struct{ long long total; long long used; long long free; }sg_swap_stats; total The total swap space in bytes. used The used swap in bytes. free The free swap in bytes. TODO
Add a function to hold open the file descriptor to the kernel memory structures. Doing this would allow the elevated privileges to be dropped early on. SEE ALSO
statgrab(3) WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2005/04/25 11:25:45 $ sg_get_mem_stats(3)