Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk output is space delimeted not tab delimeted Post 302981100 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 7th of September 2016 10:12:54 AM
Old 09-07-2016
Hello cmccabe,

Could you please try to change following into your mentioned code. It should fly then.
Code:
FNR == NR { file1[$2,$4,$5] = $2 FS $4 FS $5 }
FNR != NR { file2[$2,$4,$5] = $2 FS $4 FS $5 }

I had changed " "with FS above, please do let us know how it goes then.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in output from awk command

Hi I have tried this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print$5}' note that the $5 is the column that displays full name- i.e. Kevin Kambell To the point, my output is fine except one thing I do not understand that some of output lines have space in front of them which I checked in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting .txt to comma delimeted file

Dear all, I have a file with 5L records. one of the record in the file is as shown below. MARIA THOMAS BASIL 1000 FM 1111 MD GHANA YY 77354 4774 99999999 1234567 I need to convert this record in below format "","","","","MARIA","THOMAS","BASIL","","1000 FM 1111 MD","STE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OSD
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting a .txt file to comma delimeted file

Dear all, I have a file with 5L records. one of the record in the file is as shown below. MARIA THOMAS BASIL 1000 FM 1111 MD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OSD
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find space and tab.

Wants to print line when there exist leading or trailing space or tab in fields 2,3 and 5 The below code prints all lines in file even if they dont have leading and trailing space or tab. nawk -F"|" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i ~ "^*" || $i ~ "*$")}}1' file file Ouput required: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output - tab formatted - awk

Dear All, Good Day. I would like to hear your suggestions for the following problem: I have a file with 5 columns with some numbers in 16 lines as shown below. Input file: Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 Col 5 12 220 2 121 20 234 30 22 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output file with <Tab> or <Space> Delimited

Input file: xyz,pqrs.lmno,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA abcd,pqrs.xyz,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA Expected Output: xyz pqrs.lmno NA NA NA NA NA NA NA abcd pqrs.xyz NA NA NA NA NA NA NA Command Tried so far: awk -F"," 'BEGIN{OFS=" ";} {print}' $File_Path/File_Name.csv Issue:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output seperated by tab

I am just trying to output the below awk separated by tabs. Thank you :). awk (added OFS as an attempt to itroduce tabs) awk '{split($5,a,"-"); OFS='\t' print $1,$2,$3,a}' file.bed > test.bed The awk runs and produces all the data in 1 field instead of 4 fields. current output ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add tab to output of both conditions

In the below awk written by @RavinderSingh13 I have added a few lines and am trying to have the output be tab-delimited. The input is space-delimeted and the portion in bold seems to add a tab to the Not found but not the found. Thank you :). file1 One 1 Two 2 Three 3 file2 One 1... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk printing leading tab in output

The awk below executes and produces the current output. it skips the header in row 1 and prints $4,$5,$6 and then adds the header row back. The problem is that it keeps the tailing tab and prints it in front of $1. I could add a pipe to remove the tab, but is there a better way to do it with on... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)