Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Making a trace for a script
Operating Systems AIX Making a trace for a script Post 302981074 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 7th of September 2016 05:41:15 AM
Old 09-07-2016
Quote:
.... I have differences in some bases
I'm a little confused as to what this means. Can you post your code (wrapped in CODE tags) then show us the input you have and the expected output & errors you are getting (all wrapped in CODE tags too)

The more you can explain your issue, the more likely we are to be able to help.

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move trace files

Please debug this shell script for me.. Basically the idea is to run the script, based on the command to move some trace files to a separate directory and I am getting the error. Only the COMMAND that has rm {} works and I basically want to use it for the fourth one. Please try for the 2nd, 3rd and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to report on Oracle's trace files

Hi All, Does anyone have any shell script out there that looks into Oracle trace files generated in the bdump, cdump & udump directories & reports on the contents (errors) within these files. Your help is highly appreciated. Regards, - divroro12 - (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Ping trace telnet monitoring script

Hello, it is my first post :) I need to implement some monitoring tools in a script, ping telnet traceroute I found this one to ping, it works, #!/bin/sh for i in `cat /tmp/PingStatus.txt` do ping -c 5 -w 5 -n $i | grep -q "bytes from" && echo "$i is OK" || opcmsg object=PING a=OS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a trace on shell script running in AIX?

Please help me in putting a trace on shell script running in AIX Best regards, Vishal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With making this script

Hello, im a new user on this site and learning scripting very slowly at a understanding pace. However i am up with a challenge and require help completing this. The script has to include arguments, variables, decisions and loops. So the script is about calculating the broadcast address for any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tHe666
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)							GNU							  GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)