Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare two md5sum
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two md5sum Post 302981056 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 6th of September 2016 11:25:34 PM
Old 09-07-2016
OK. I'm glad you got your script to work.

A few more things to consider...
Do not use sh to run a bash script. Run it with bash:
Code:
bash verif2.sh

and, to see how the script is seeing things while it is running, trace the actions your script is taking by running it with the -x and -v flags:
Code:
bash -xv verif2.sh

which will show you the strings being assigned in your assignment statements and being compared in the test command (AKA [ expression ]) in your if statement. Tracing your script is often easier and more enlightening than adding echo statements.

PS: If you just want to trace certain portions of a script (instead of the entire script), you can use:
Code:
set -xv

to turn on tracing inside your script and:
Code:
set +xv

to turn off tracing.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-07-2016 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Add PS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is md5sum???

Hi all, I am kinda puzzled. When and Why do we use md5sum? I've read man pages for mp5sum, but didn't get anything out of it. Please, can someone explain this to me in couple of words. Thank you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the file: MD5SUM

i downloaded a Linux distribution from a FTP site today, and i found there is a file named MD5SUM in the same directory, with the following contents: -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 c9a4d963a49e384e10dec9c2bd49ad73 valhalla-SRPMS-disc1.iso 41b03d068e84d2a17147aa27e704f79b ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samprax
1 Replies

3. Programming

md5sum and execve

Hello there! Is there a way to use execve() to run md5sum function? for example execve("md5sum <filename>, NULL,NULL);" thanx! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
2 Replies

4. Programming

Computing an MD5Sum in C

Is it possible to call the unix command md5sum from within a C program. I am trying to write a C program that scans a directory and computes the MD5Sum of all the files in the directory. Whenever I use md5sum 'filename' I get the error 'md5sum undeclared'. Is there a header file or some library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

md5sum in different linux

something strange is that i find the md5sum command in different linux generate different result, for example, i have tried the same file in CentOS and Rhel, The md5 results are different, it is quite headache, who know the tricks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Md5sum script

Hello, I need to download multiple files from an FTP server but occasionally they arrive in error so I need to perform an integrity check. I've been attempting to write a bash script that does the following: Downloads all files including those in sub directories Perform md5sum using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in directories with md5sum

And not to start. I can compare files, that's easy. The problem is that I compare files in a directory, and check if these files exist in another directory. The problem is that the file names are not the same. So I have to compare with "md5sum" or something similar. How I can do? All this in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare md5sum two servers' setup

I'm trying to think of a way to compare two boxes and make sure their files will be the same. There may be extra files on one side and some on the other. I also need to make sure the file content is identical. So far I've gotten this to create a file find /directorypath/ -type f -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect in Bash - and then compare md5sum

I'm running on a staging server. I will need to use expect and I think ssh or scp to the other boxes. I need to see something like this....Enter:Host 1 Enter:Host 2 Enter full directory path to compare: example /apps/acd/jboss-customer1/ Enter User Id: Enter Password: ( Assumes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[md5sum] script

I am getting No such file or directory if my variable contains white spaces... Is there a way to fix this? This works x="1.md5" md5sum -c "$x" This, does not x="23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5" md5sum -c "$x" md5sum: '23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5': No such file or directory How do I fix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soichiro
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)