Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join multiple lines from text file Post 302980955 by budz26 on Monday 5th of September 2016 11:59:59 AM
Old 09-05-2016
Join multiple lines from text file

Hi Guys,

Could you please advise how to join multiple details lines into single row, with HEADER 1 as the record separator and comma(,) as the field separator.

Input:
Code:
HEADER 1, HEADER 2, HEADER 3,

COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3,

AA1,  BB1,  CC1,
END: ABC

HEADER 1, HEADER 2, HEADER 3,

COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3,

AA2,  BB2,  CC2,
AA3,  BB3,  CC3,
END: XYZ

Desired Output:
Code:
HEADER 1, HEADER 2,HEADER 3,COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3,
11,22,33,AA1,BB1,CC1,
44,55,66,AA2,BB2,CC2,
44,55,66,AA3,BB3,CC3,

So far am figuring out with below:
Code:
awk -v RS="HEADER 1" '{ $1="HEADER 1 " $1 } NF>2 ' file.txt

Many thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Join multiple lines

Hi, I have data with broken lines: Sample data: "12"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:10:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|" 2453748"|"08:15:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|" c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:19:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:19:50" In the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

join on a file with multiple lines, fields

I've looked at the join command which is able to perform what I need on two rows with a common field, however if I have more than two rows I need to join all of them. Thus I have one file with multiple rows to be joined on an index number: 1 randomtext1 2 rtext2 2 rtext3 3 rtext4 3 rtext5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimper
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SED to join multiple lines?

Hi guys, anyone know how can i join multiples lines using sed till the end of a file and output to another file in a single line? The end of each line will be replaced with a special char "#". I am using the below SED command, however it seems to remove the last 2 lines. Also not all lines... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get awk to edit in place and join all lines in text file

Hi, I lack the utter fundamentals on how to craft an awk script. I have hundreds of text files that were mangled by .doc format so all the lines are broken up so I need to join all of the lines of text into a single line. Normally I use vim command "ggVGJ" to join all lines but with so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00ti
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process multiple lines in a text file

Hi All I have text file like this: a=21ej c=3tiu32 e=hydkehw f=hgdiuw g=jhdkj a=klkjhvl b=dlkjhyfd a=yo c=8732 Any way I can process data from first a to just before of second a, and then second a to just before of 3rd one. Just fetching records like that will help, I mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandipjee
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join multiple lines

Hi I have a source file ( written i C ) where a funtion call is spread over multiple lines, for example : func( a, b, c ); I want this to be joined into one single line : func(a,b,c); How can this be done with awk and sed ? Regards. Hench (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hench
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join common patterns in multiple lines into one line

Hi I have a file like 1 2 1 2 3 1 5 6 11 12 10 2 7 5 17 12 I would like to have an output as 1 2 3 5 6 10 7 11 12 17 any help would be highly appreciated Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harrisham
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join columns across multiple lines in a Text based on common column using BASH

Hello, I have a file with 2 columns ( tableName , ColumnName) delimited by a Pipe like below . File is sorted by ColumnName. Table1|Column1 Table2|Column1 Table5|Column1 Table3|Column2 Table2|Column2 Table4|Column3 Table2|Column3 Table2|Column4 Table5|Column4 Table2|Column5 From... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
Net::SIP::Packet(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::SIP::Packet(3pm)

NAME
Net::SIP::Packet - handling of SIP packets SYNOPSIS
use Net::SIP::Packet; my $pkt = eval { Net::SIP::Packet->new( $sip_string ) } or die "invalid SIP packet"; $pkt->get_header( 'call-id' ) || die "no call-id"; $pkt->set_header( via => @via ); print $pkt->as_string; DESCRIPTION
This module implements the parsing, manipulation and creation of SIP packets according to RFC3261. NET::SIP::Packet's objects can be created by parsing a string containing the SIP packet or by constructing it from parts, e.g. header keys and values, body, method+URI (requests) or code+text (responses). All parts can be manipulated and finally the string representation of the manipulated packet can be (re)created. For dealing with requests and responses directly usually the subclasses Net::SIP::Request or Net::SIP::Response will be used instead. EXAMPLES
# create packet from string my $invite = Net::SIP::Packet->new( <<'EOS' ); INVITE sip:you@example.com SIP/2.0 From: <sip:me@example.com> To: <sip:you@example.com> ... EOS # show and manipulate some header print "callid=".$invite->get_header( 'call-id' )." "; print "route=".join( ",", $invite->get_header( 'route' ))." "; $invite->set_header( 'via' => [ $via1,$via2,.. ] ); # get resulting string representation print $invite->as_string; # create packet from parts my $resp = Net::SIP::Packet->new( 200, 'Ok', { to => '<sip:you@example.com>', from => '<sip:me@example.com>',.. } Net::SIP::SDP->new(...) ); # and get the packet as string print $resp->as_string; CONSTRUCTOR
new ( STRING | @PARTS ) This is the default constructor. Depending on the number of arguments branches into new_from_string or new_from_parts. new_from_string ( STRING ) Interprets STRING as a SIP request or response and creates Net::SIP::Request or Net::SIP::Response object accordingly. Will die() if it cannot parse the string as a SIP packet. new_from_parts ( CODE|METHOD, TEXT|URI, \%HEADER|@HEADER, [ BODY ] ) If CODE|METHOD is numeric a Net::SIP::Response object will be created with the response code CODE and the text TEXT. Otherwise a Net::SIP::Request object will be created with the method METHOD and the uri URI. Header data can be given as a hash %HEADER or array @HEADER reference. In case of a hash the key is the SIP field name and the value as either a string or a @list of strings. The fields on the resulting SIP packet will be sorted by name of the fields and fields with multiple values will be created as seperat lines. If the header is given as an array the elements of the array are "[ key => value ]" pairs where the keys are the field names and the values are strings or @list of strings. Each pair will result in a single line in the SIP header. If the value was a list reference the values in the list will be concatened by ','. The order of the fields in the resulting SIP packet will be the same as in the array. The BODY is optional and can be given either as a string or as an reference to an object which has a method as_string, like Net::SIP::SDP. If the BODY is an object which has a method content_type it will set the "content-type" header of the SIP object based on the result of "BODY->content_type" unless a "content-type" header was explicitly given. METHODS
is_request Returns TRUE if the SIP packet is a request, otherwise FALSE. is_response Returns TRUE if the SIP packet is a response, otherwise FALSE. tid Returns a transaction ID created from the sequence number in the "CSeq" header and the "Call-Id" header. All packets with the same tid belong to the same transaction. cseq Returns "CSeq" header. Short for "$self->get_header( 'cseq' )". callid Returns "Call-Id" header. Short for "$self->get_header( 'call-id' )". get_header ( [ NAME ] ) If NAME is given it returns the SIP header for NAME. If no header exists returns (). If there is only one value for the header returns this value. In case of multiple values it returns a @list of all values, but if "wantarray" says, that the caller expects only a single value it will "croak()". If no NAME is given it will return a reference to a hash wich contains all fields and has the format described in new_from_parts. add_header ( NAME, VAL ) Adds the header at the end of the SIP header. VAL can be a string or a reference to a list of strings. insert_header ( NAME, VAL ) Like add_header, but the lines will be added on top of the header. del_header ( NAME ) Delete all lines from header where the field name is NAME. set_header ( NAME, VAL ) Replaces an existing header, like del_header followed by add_header. set_body ( VAL ) Sets body to VAL, which can be string or object. The handling for body objects see new_from_parts. as_string Returns string representation of SIP packet. dump ( [ LEVEL ] ) Returns dump of packet as string for debugging. The higher LEVEL is the more details one gets. At the moment a LEVEL of 0 gets a one- line summary and the rest the result from as_string. as_parts Returns Array with CODE|METHOD, TEXT|URI, @HEADER and BODY like used in new_from_parts. sdp_body Returns body as Net::SIP::SDP object if there is a body and the content-type is 'application/sdp' or empty. If body contains invalid SDP it raises an exception (e.g. die()). UNDOCUMENTED METHODS get_header_hashval ( [ NAME ] ) scan_header ( @ARG ) clone perl v5.14.2 2011-08-26 Net::SIP::Packet(3pm)