Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris install problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris install problem Post 302980951 by gull04 on Monday 5th of September 2016 09:50:16 AM
Old 09-05-2016
Hi,

I think that to make any progress here you'll have to access the ALOM (Advanced Lights Out Manager) and login. Then you'll have to start with the following, from the prompt;

Code:
sc> reset -x

Or you can run;

Code:
sc> poweroff

This should take you to the OBP "{ok}" prompt, here you should be able to get some output by running;

Code:
{ok} show-post-results

Post the output - but it does look like a processor card fault.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 09-05-2016 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Missed prompt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris install problem

I am trying to install Solaris 2.8 on an Ultra 5 with Openboot 3.11 from the install cd. I type in boot cdrom, and I get the error: Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args : /platform/sun4u/kernel/genunix. Elf32 read error. I looked up the error, and it said to reset the boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 Problem

Hi! I have tried to install Solaris 10 on my laptop for some time now i have tried a lot of things but i have never been lucky...please can someone of you help me.. I have a Acer Aspire 1350 AMD ATHLON XP-M 2800+ MEMORY: 256MB DDR SDRAM GRAPHICS CARD: VIA KM400 The screen goes black... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Install problem Solaris 10.1 6/06

Hi all! I'm trying to install Solaris 10.1 6/06 and got a problem under the install,after the first Grub screen the screen went black and all letters are seen as dots, i have installed Solaris 10 earlier and that goes without any problem. Are there any settings i can do to Grub under the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris install problem!!

I am running an x86 system with a clean 300GB hard drive. i installed solaris10 on it the first time as a slave drive(the other drive had xp on it and it was the active part). it gave me bad file system error among other things...bla bla bla... so i took out the drive with xp on it and switched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem of install rsync on Solaris 10

hi all, I have download latest version for rsync from rsync download web site. I trying install rsync tool to sun solaris 10 (SPARC M4000 server) and but get some error. Please see below: -bash-3.00$ ./configure configure.sh: Configuring rsync 3.0.6 checking build system type...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

8. Solaris

nagios-plugins-1.4.15 Install Problem on Solaris 10

I am trying to install nagios-plugins-1.4.15 on a Solaris 10 box and when I run the ./configure script I get this error: checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thatwaseasy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

10. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)