Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read and concatenate content file and file name Post 302980949 by kamose on Monday 5th of September 2016 09:05:44 AM
Old 09-05-2016
Linux

Don Cragun you rulessss, but also thanks to vgersh99.

God bless you Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file and use the content for mapping

help me pls.. :( i want to read a mapping file. Below is the content of my mapping file. 6221,189,SMSC1,OMC1,WAP1 6223,188,SMSC2,OMC2,WAP2 so when my program running msisdn="622130302310" while not EOF if substring($msisdn,1,4) == "6221" -- > "6221" read from the file then echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: voidmain
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file content with awk and sed

Hello , I have huge file with below content. I need to read the numeric values with in the paranthesis after = sign. Please help me with awk and sed script for it. 11.10.2009 04:02:47 Customer login not found: identifier=(0748502889) prefix=(TEL) serviceCode=(). 11.10.2009 04:03:12... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file content

i have one file abhi.txt its contents are home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup/file1 home8/mc09ats/file2 i want to read this content of file using while loop.. in this i want to seperate the content as follows path=home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup file=file1 echo path echo file can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read rows from source file and concatenate output

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to read rows from one file and concatenate to another

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read line ignores the '\' in file content

I need to read temp.$i file content line by line through while loop but somehow the '\' do not appear in output.. Can someone guide how to read this exact content line by line in unix : if then cat temp.$i | head -1 # the file content appears fine while... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create concatenate the shell variable with file content

Hi Guys, I have a file. Each record needs to inserted into a table. The table also have other columns which needs to be inserted with Shell variables. The following is the file. Error code None. Error Code 1 The shell script is having these variables. Name=Magesh Dep=Coding ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)