Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check if a string starts with certain values and ends with numbers Post 302980767 by RudiC on Friday 2nd of September 2016 03:36:27 AM
Old 09-02-2016
Sure?

Code:
Var1=efgh123456
[[ $Var1 == efgh[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] ]] && echo OK || echo NOK
OK
Var1=efghTest
[[ $Var1 == efgh[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] ]] && echo OK || echo NOK
NOK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to know entered string ends with .jar

Hi all, I want to know whelther string entered ends with .jar. Can any one help please.. Thank U Naree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing values with increasing numbers!

Hi all, i have a command named "vmchange" and i must use it for thousands of data which must be changed. For example, vmchange -m N0001 vmchange -m N0002 vmchange -m N0003 ... ... vmchange -m N0100 How can i do that in awk or bash script? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a variable ends in a particular number

Hi guys, I am working on a server where there are many users. The user names end in a 1 or a 2. I want to write a bash script that will say which users are in which group and was wondering if I could get some help. The only part I am unsure of is how to check if it ends in the number. Here's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wua05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if string starts with $ symbol

How do I check that a string $AA22CC3 starts with the "$" symbol ? I have tried : checksum='$AAB3E45' echo $checksum case $checksum in $* ) echo success ; esac Thanks ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a filename in a directory starts with a certain string

Hello, Trying to iterate over set of file in current directory and check if the file name in that folder matches certain string. This is what I have so far. Here I am checking if the file name starts with nexus, if so echo file name to log file. Getting weird syntax errors. Any help is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpioraghu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines to one line when line starts with and ends with

example: comment Now_TB.table column errac is for error messages 1 - first 2 - second 3 -third ; in this example I need to be able to grab the comment as first word and ; as the last word and it might span a few lines. I need it to be put all in one line without line breaks so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wambli
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping a string of numbers between higher and lower order values(HEX)

I have this below string in a variable cutString=21222222222222222122222222222222 this string is nothing but hex values depicted as below 21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22:21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22 so what i want to achieve is swap the lower order with higher order values in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up values of rows of numbers

data file contains failed=24 error=23 error=163 failed=36 error=903 i need to get a total count of each value above. i'm looking for the most efficient method to do this as the datafile i provided is just a sample. the actual data can be several hundred thousands of lines. so from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a shell script that starts one, then kills it, then starts another?

This is on a CentOS box, I have two scripts that need to run in order. I want to write a shell script that calls the first script, lets it run and then terminates it after a certain number of hours (that I specify of course), and then calls the second script (they can't run simultaneously) which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: btramer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if string contains substring surrounded by numbers

Hi, I have a process that generates strings. I would like to check each string and search for substring which contains the letter 'E' surrounded by numbers (both sides of the letter 'E'). few examples: AA4E7012A2 - contains E surrounded by numbers FE18274012 - does not contain E... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanive
3 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)