Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to match value to a field within +/- value Post 302980731 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 1st of September 2016 04:05:36 PM
Old 09-01-2016
Quote:
awk: cmd. line:7: error: `next' used in END action
next goes to the next input cycle, can only be used in the main loop.
In the END section use exit!
(Note: an exit in the main loop goes to the END section.)

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 09-01-2016 at 05:36 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i pattern match a field with awk?

hi, let's say $numbers = "324 350 587" an so on... what i'm trying to do is this: awk -v numbers="$numbers" '{if (numbers ~ /$2/) print $0, "bla bla"}' file # file looks like this: 214 ..... 215 ... 216 .... 250 ... 324 325 ... 350 something ... ... 587 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: someone123
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk counting lines with field match

Hi, Im trying to create a script that reads throught every line in a file and then counts how many lines there with a certain field that matches a input, and also ausing another awk it has to do the same as the above but to then use sort anduniq to get rid of all the unique lines with another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredted40x
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? change field conditional on key match

Hi. I'd appreciate if I can get some direction in this issue to get me going. Datafile1: -About 4000 records, I have to update field#4 in selected records based on a match in the key field (Field#1). -Field #1 is the key field (servername) . # of Fields may vary # comment server1 bbb ccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RascalHoudi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Match First Field and Replace Second Column

Hi Friends, I have looked around the forums and over online but couldn't figure out how to deal with this problem input.txt gene1,axis1/0/1,axis2/0/1 gene1,axis1/1/2,axis2/1/2 gene1,axis1/2/3,axis2/2/3 gene2,axis1/3/4,axis2/3/4 Match on first column and if first column is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove field and match strings to add text

In file1 field $18 is removed.... column header is "Otherinfo", then each line in file1 is used to search file2 for a match. When a match is found the last four strings in file2 are copied to file1. Maybe: cut -f1-17 file1 and then match each line to file2 file1 Chr Start End ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field file based on match

If $1 in file1 matches $2 in file2. Then the value in $2 of file2 is updated to $1"."$2 of file2. The awk seems to only match the two files but not update. Thank you :). awk awk 'NR==FNR{A ; next} $1 in A { $2 = a }1' file1 file2 file1 name version NM_000593 5 NM_001257406... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field in file based of match in another

I am trying to use awk to match two files that are tab-delimited. When a match is found between file1 $1 and file2 $4, $4 in file2 is updated using the $2 value in file1. If no match is found then the next line is processed. Thank you :). file1 uc001bwr.3 ADC uc001bws.3 ADC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print text in field if match and range is met

In the awk below I am trying to match the value in $4 of file1 with the split value from $4 in file2. I store the value of $4 in file1 in A and the split value (using the _ for the split) in array. I then strore the value in $2 as min, the value in $3 as max, and the value in $1 as chr. If A is... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)