Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required with Stderr and tee command Post 302980728 by vikas_trl on Thursday 1st of September 2016 02:09:04 PM
Old 09-01-2016
Thank you so much Stomp. This is what I am looking for.SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'tee' STDERR output (ksh)

Hi everyone, KSH question: I know you can 'tee' STDOUT to have the output go to multiple targets; can you do the same with STDERR? For example: ls |tee /tmp/file.txt Will redirect STDOUT to both the screen and the '/tmp/file.txt' file. Is there a way of doing the same thing for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsatch
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use tee with stdout and stderr?

I have been doing this: make xyz &> xyz.log &; tail -f xyz.log The problem with this is that you never can ge sure when "make xyz" is done. How can I pipe both stderr and stdout into tee so both stderr and stdout are copied both to the display and to the log file? Thanks, Siegfried (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

STDERR to file & terminal using tee

Hi All, Solarix/Bash v3x Im trying to output any standard errors created by the script to a file using the below command: . runDTE.sh 2> "$DTE_ERROR_FILE" however the errors do get written to the dir/file stored in $DTE_ERROR_FILE but the error does not appear on the terminal screen in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tee with pipe command.

cat work.txt M|324324|32424|3431 M|324324|32424|3431 N|324324|32426|3432 N|324324|32424|3434 M|324324|32424|3435 cat work.txt | tee $( grep '^M' > m.txt ) | $( grep '^N' > n.txt ) cehpny00:/home01/sr38632 $ cat m.txt M|324324|32424|3431 M|324324|32424|3431 M|324324|32424|3435 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsampathy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to tee stderr from a command that's redirecting error to a file?

I'm not a complete novice at unix but I'm not all that advanced either. I'm hoping that someone with a little more knowledge than myself has the answer I'm looking for. I'm writing a wrapper script that will be passed user commands from the cron... Ex: ./mywrapper.sh "/usr/bin/ps -ef |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumgi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tee command within variable

Hello If anybody knows something about the following please help me. I am using HP unix. In a script called test.txt i have the following command echo ok | tee test1.txt It works fine.It prints ok on the screen and creates the file test1.txt and puts in the file the "ok". In the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kostasch
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tee + more command

script1: #!/bin/ksh more test.txt script2: calling the script1 #!/bin/ksh /tmp/script1.sh 2>&1 | tee tee.log where test.txt contains ~1200 lines. When I execute the script2 the more command does not print pagewise it goes to the end of the line, when I remove the tee command it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad111
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to "tee" stderr

In other words, print on both the screen and to a file (minus stdout)? Thanks again in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tee command

In the current directory , I have seven files . But when I use the following command , it lists eight files ( 7 files + file_list.xtx) ls -1 | tee file_list.xtx | while read line; do echo $line ; done Does the tee command create the file_list.xtx file first and then executes the ls -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
1 Replies
STOMP_ABORT(3)								 1							    STOMP_ABORT(3)

Stomp::abort - Rolls back a transaction in progress

Object oriented style (method):

SYNOPSIS
public bool Stomp::abort (string $transaction_id, [array $headers]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style: bool stomp_abort (resource $link, string $transaction_id, [array $headers]) Rolls back a transaction in progress. PARAMETERS
o $link -Procedural style only: The stomp link identifier returned by stomp_connect(3). o $transaction_id - The transaction to abort. o $headers -Associative array containing the additional headers (example: receipt). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Tip Stomp is inherently asynchronous. Synchronous communication can be implemented adding a receipt header. This will cause methods to not return anything until the server has acknowledged receipt of the message or until read timeout was reached. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php /* connection */ try { $stomp = new Stomp('tcp://localhost:61613'); } catch(StompException $e) { die('Connection failed: ' . $e->getMessage()); } /* begin a transaction */ $stomp->begin('t1'); /* send a message to the queue */ $stomp->send('/queue/foo', 'bar', array('transaction' => 't1')); /* rollback */ $stomp->abort('t1'); /* close connection */ unset($stomp); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php /* connection */ $link = stomp_connect('tcp://localhost:61613'); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { die('Connection failed: ' . stomp_connect_error()); } /* begin a transaction */ stomp_begin($link, 't1'); /* send a message to the queue 'foo' */ stomp_send($link, '/queue/foo', 'bar', array('transaction' => 't1')); /* rollback */ stomp_abort($link, 't1'); /* close connection */ stomp_close($link); ?> PHP Documentation Group STOMP_ABORT(3)