Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make .iso mountable in LDOM
Operating Systems Solaris Make .iso mountable in LDOM Post 302980679 by os2mac on Wednesday 31st of August 2016 03:31:56 PM
Old 08-31-2016
Make .iso mountable in LDOM

used
Code:
mkisofs -lJR -o output_image.iso directory_name

to create an iso on the primary domain of a server.

mounted it locally in the primary using
Code:
lofiadm -a /path/to/cd.iso

mount -o ro -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

verified that I could read the disk correctly.

then created a vdsdev using :

Code:
ldm add-vdsdev -options=ro /home/userid/10_Recommended.iso 10_Recommended@primary-vds0

then attached it to the LDOM:
Code:
 ldm add-vdisk 10_Recommended 10_Recommended@primary-vds0 ldm

but when I booted the LDOM it didn't see the disk. it doesn't show up in format it doesn't show up in /dev/dsk or /dev/rdsk but it does show in devalias from the OBP.

what am I doing incorrectly?

NOTE: I am not trying to boot from this disk. I want to provide it to the LDOM as a mountable asset to patch from.

thanks in advance

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Why ""No mountable file system"

I tried to install OpenMotif under Mac OS in the computing lab today, but I got "No mountable file system". Is it because I don't have the administrator's privilege? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
0 Replies

2. Solaris

iso files to make bootable dvd image

Hey all, I'm a newbie to iso files and I just downloaded the 2 iso files for *cough* ms2003 R2 *cough* trial software. After I downloaded the iso files I just dragged them to my burn software gui and sure enough it burned to dvd 2 iso files. When I attempted to boot the image using VMware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
0 Replies

3. Fedora

make bootable usb from iso

I need to boot the ultimate boot cd from an usb stick. Do I just copy the iso image to the usb key? How do I make the usb stick bootable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies

6. SuSE

How To make bootable USB with multiple ISO Files?

Hi All, I would need your assistance to make a bootable USB with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server I have already downloaded relevant OS (Trail Version) packages @ 1) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD1 2) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD2 when I tried to open these packages with PowerISO one of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
7 Replies
Locale::Currency(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Currency(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Currency(3pm)