Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Keep only columns in first two rows based on partial header pattern. Post 302980595 by aachave1 on Tuesday 30th of August 2016 02:13:32 PM
Old 08-30-2016
Here are the full input (..fsw1952) and output (..fsw1953) files attached. As you can see, after I run the code from my initial post, the output file (..fsw1953) only contains the header pattern "G_TP" columns in the first two rows only (header and data).

This is the correct output, but I just want my code to perform this based on partial pattern instead of fixed column numbers (as mentioned before).

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skipping rows based on columns

Hi, suppose I have the following file and certain rows have missing columns, how do i skip these rows and create an output file which has all the columns in it E/N Ko_exp %err Ko_calc %err diff diff- diff+ 0.95 ======== ======= ==== ======= ==== ===== ===== =====... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns based on header

Hi to all, I have two files. File1 has no header, two columns: sample1 A sample2 B sample3 B sample4 C sample5 A sample6 D sample7 D File2 has a header, except for the first 3 columns (chr,start,end). "sample1" is the header for the 4th ,5th ,6th columns, "sample2" is the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aec
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting rows and columns in a matrix based on condition

Hi I have a matrix with n rows and m columns like below example. i want to extract all the pairs with values <200. Input A B C D A 100 206 51 300 B 206 100 72 48 C 351 22 100 198 D 13 989 150 100 Output format A,A:200 A,C:51 B,B:100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make copy of text file with columns removed (based on header)

Hello, I have some tab delimited text files with a three header rows. The headers look like, (sorry the tabs look so messy). index group Name input input input input input input input input input input input... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on key and count

Team, I am having requirement to convert rows to columns Input is: key ,count, id1, pulse1, id2, pulse2 ,id3, pulse3 12, 2 , 14 , 56 , 15, 65 13, 3, 12, 32, 14, 23, 18, 54 22, 1 , 32, 42 Expected Out put: key, id,pulse 12, 14, 56 12, 15, 65 13 ,12, 32 13, 14 ,23 13, 18 ,54 22 ,32,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syam1406
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Average columns based on header name

Hi Friends, I have files with columns like this. This sample input below is partial. Please check below for main file link. Each file will have only two rows. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies
Layout::Manager::Grid(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Layout::Manager::Grid(3pm)

NAME
Layout::Manager::Grid - Simple grid-based layout manager. DESCRIPTION
Layout::Manager::Grid is a layout manager places components into evenly divided cells. When you instantiate a Grid manager, you must supply it with a count of how many rows and columns it will have. For example, a Grid with 1 column and 2 rows would look like: +--------------------------------+ | | | component 1 | | | +--------------------------------+ | | | component 2 | | | +--------------------------------+ The container is divided into as many <rows> * <columns> cells, with each taking up an equal amount of space. A grid with 3 columns and 2 rows would create 6 cells that consume 33% of the width and 50% of the height. Components are placed by specifying the cell they reside in via the row and column number. $container->add_component($comp, { row => 0, column => 3 }); $container->add_component($comp, { row => 0, column => 2, height => 2 }); Optionally, you may choose to override the default "width" or "height" of 1. Setting it to a something else will cause the component to consume that many rows or columns worth of space. Grid is similar to Java's GridLayout <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/grid.html>. SYNOPSIS
$cont->add_component($comp1, { row => 0, column => 1 }); $cont->add_component($comp2, { row => 0, column => 2 }); my $lm = Layout::Manager::Grid->new(rows => 1, columns => 2); $lm->do_layout($con); DYNAMIC SIZING If the container that the Grid is manging does not have one or both of it's dimensions set, Grid will compute the appropriate sizes. The simple way for me to avoid writing a long explanation is to say it works similar to HTML tables. Rows will become as big as their biggest consituent, as will columns. It is common to add a Grid-managed component to a scene with only one of it's dimensions set. ATTRIBUTES
columns The number of columns in this Grid. rows The number of rows in this Grid. METHODS
do_layout Size and position the components in this layout. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008 - 2010 Cory G Watson This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-16 Layout::Manager::Grid(3pm)