Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Keep only columns in first two rows based on partial header pattern. Post 302980588 by RudiC on Tuesday 30th of August 2016 01:29:24 PM
Old 08-30-2016
Please post a reasonably reduced but representative sample of your input and the related output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skipping rows based on columns

Hi, suppose I have the following file and certain rows have missing columns, how do i skip these rows and create an output file which has all the columns in it E/N Ko_exp %err Ko_calc %err diff diff- diff+ 0.95 ======== ======= ==== ======= ==== ===== ===== =====... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns based on header

Hi to all, I have two files. File1 has no header, two columns: sample1 A sample2 B sample3 B sample4 C sample5 A sample6 D sample7 D File2 has a header, except for the first 3 columns (chr,start,end). "sample1" is the header for the 4th ,5th ,6th columns, "sample2" is the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aec
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting rows and columns in a matrix based on condition

Hi I have a matrix with n rows and m columns like below example. i want to extract all the pairs with values <200. Input A B C D A 100 206 51 300 B 206 100 72 48 C 351 22 100 198 D 13 989 150 100 Output format A,A:200 A,C:51 B,B:100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make copy of text file with columns removed (based on header)

Hello, I have some tab delimited text files with a three header rows. The headers look like, (sorry the tabs look so messy). index group Name input input input input input input input input input input input... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on key and count

Team, I am having requirement to convert rows to columns Input is: key ,count, id1, pulse1, id2, pulse2 ,id3, pulse3 12, 2 , 14 , 56 , 15, 65 13, 3, 12, 32, 14, 23, 18, 54 22, 1 , 32, 42 Expected Out put: key, id,pulse 12, 14, 56 12, 15, 65 13 ,12, 32 13, 14 ,23 13, 18 ,54 22 ,32,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syam1406
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Average columns based on header name

Hi Friends, I have files with columns like this. This sample input below is partial. Please check below for main file link. Each file will have only two rows. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies
menu_format(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      menu_format(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_format, set_menu_format - set and get maximum numbers of rows and columns in menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_menu_format(MENU *menu, int rows, int cols); void menu_format(MENU *menu, int *rows, int *cols); DESCRIPTION
set_menu_format() sets the maximum number of rows and columns of items that may be displayed at one time on a menu. If the menu contains more items than can be displayed at once, the menu will be scrollable. menu_format() returns the maximum number of rows and columns that may be displayed at one time on menu. rows and cols are pointers to the variables used to return these values. RETURN VALUES
set_menu_format() returns one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An incorrect argument was passed to the routine. E_POSTED The menu is already posted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_format(3CURSES)