Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Perl subroutine returning different values in HPUX Post 302980544 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 30th of August 2016 04:51:19 AM
Old 08-30-2016
Numeric comparison is == ( double equal )

Code:
if ( $intSendOpcmon == 1) 
{ 
print "2nd intSendOpcmon:$intSendOpcmon \n"; 
exit 0; 
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a perl subroutine regex

Hi, I can't get this script ot work and I wa wondering if anyone could help? I need to open a file and use a subroutine to search each line for a regular expression. If it matches then I need to return a match from the subroutine and print the result? Any help would be greatly... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Perl Subroutine Passed In Variable is 1?

The following subroutine prints 1 instead of the content of the Equipment variable. Can someone tell me why? #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe # use strict 'vars'; my $Equipments = "data/equips.txt"; unless (open(EQUIP_FH, "$Equipments")) { print "errors: $Equipments\n"; # This line prints... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tqlam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

5. Programming

perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone, I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this. I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session. I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_code
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop returning more values

Hi All, Thanks all of you for the help you provide to me. Well, I have one more problem, where I am trying to pull file system information in the loop and display the filesystem percentege. I am using following code to achive this, nut it's giving the weired output. My file system is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass file to subroutine

Hello All, I have 2 perl sub-routines. my $myDir = myDir_path; my $file; sub convert(){ system ("./$myConvertScript >> $myDir/$file_CONV" ); $file2 = $myDir/$file_CONV; } sub addDB(){ open(CONF, $config) or die "Cannot Open $config for reading. "; while(<CONF>){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ad23
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - return an object from subroutine - Net::LDAP

Hi all, I'm not even sure a person can do this in perl, seems like you should be able to though. Here's the error IO::Socket::INET: connect: Operation now in progress at server_search.pl line 256, <DATA> line 466. Here's the perl code... sub ldap_new{ $nl = Net::LDAP->new( "$_" ) or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies
Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Hash::Regex - Match hash keys using Regular Expressions SYNOPSIS
use Tie::Hash::Regex; my %h; tie %h, 'Tie::Hash::Regex'; $h{key} = 'value'; $h{key2} = 'another value'; $h{stuff} = 'something else'; print $h{key}; # prints 'value' print $h{2}; # prints 'another value' print $h{'^s'}; # prints 'something else' print tied(%h)->FETCH(k); # prints 'value' and 'another value' delete $h{k}; # deletes $h{key} and $h{key2}; or (new! improved!) my $h : Regex; DESCRIPTION
Someone asked on Perlmonks if a hash could do fuzzy matches on keys - this is the result. If there's no exact match on the key that you pass to the hash, then the key is treated as a regex and the first matching key is returned. You can force it to leap straight into the regex checking by passing a qr'ed regex into the hash like this: my $val = $h{qr/key/}; "exists" and "delete" also do regex matching. In the case of "delete" all vlaues matching your regex key will be deleted from the hash. One slightly strange thing. Obviously if you give a hash a regex key, then it's possible that more than one key will match (consider c<$h{qw/./}>). It might be nice to be able to do stuff like: my @vals = $h{$pat}; to get all matching values back. Unfortuately, Perl knows that a given hash key can only ever return one value and so forces scalar context on the "FETCH" call when using the tied interface. You can get round this using the slightly less readable: my @vals = tied(%h)->FETCH($pat); ATTRIBUTE INTERFACE From version 0.06, you can use attributes to define your hash as being tied to Tie::Hash::Regex. You'll need to install the module Attribute::Handlers. METHODS
FETCH Get a value from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. EXISTS See if a key exists in the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. DELETE Delete a key from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. AUTHOR
Dave Cross <dave@mag-sol.com> Thanks to the Perlmonks <http://www.perlmonks.org> for the original idea and to Jeff "japhy" Pinyan for some useful code suggestions. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-8, Magnum Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perltie(1). Tie::RegexpHash(1) perl v5.10.0 2008-06-30 Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)