Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error while compiling
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error while compiling Post 302980434 by Xterra on Saturday 27th of August 2016 02:47:08 PM
Old 08-27-2016
Boost library was not installed. I have just installed it and manage to successfully compile the file
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling Error

Hi, I have installed "Freetype2" library in my SuSe Linux 9.3 version system. When Iam compiling a program, I am getting these below errors. Undefined reference to "FT_Init_FreeType" Undefined reference to "FT_Load_Char" Please show me a solution? Thank you. With regards, Chandramouli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra80
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java compiling error

I need Help folks; I'm very new to Java & i was trying to compile some java files & i got a lot of errors (see below), could some one tell me what am i doing wrong? These are the files i need to compile: AddCommentActionLogging.java EditPageActionLogging.java When i run:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when compiling with the pro-c

Gentlemen, I can not compile with the Pro-C installed on a Solaris 10. I get the following error ..: ! Compilation: startdmn.pc ------------------------------------------------------------------ ld.so.1: proc: fatal: libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or directory make: Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro_Oca
2 Replies

5. Programming

Error with compiling

Hi guys. I have a header file: unp.h like this: #ifndef _UNP_H_ #define _UNP_H_ extern ssize_t readn(int filedes, void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern ssize_t writen(int filedes, const void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern void err_quit(const char *msg); #define TRUE 1 #define FALSE 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Compiling error on solaris10

Hello guys, Im trying to install a monitoring software on my solaris10 machine and im getting an error doing so. Can someone please help. ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../client/xymond_client collect2: ld returned 1 exit status gmake: *** Error 1 gmake:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemo21
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while compiling the kernel 3.3.1.

Hi I m using redhat 6 with kernel release 2.6.32-71.el6.i686 I have downloaded latest kernel 3.3.1 from kernel.org . when i run make module_install i get below error. # make modules_install /usr/src/kernels/linux-3.3.1/scripts/depmod.sh: line 37: 11314 Killed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

8. Solaris

ERROR while compiling

Hi guys i came across an error while compiling a c file in solaris using gcc. the error is, Undefined first referenced symbol in file bind /var/tmp//ccAr8qAh.o accept ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling error in UNIX

Hi, I'm trying to compile the code for a program and I run into the following error, ncfile.h: In constructor ‘ncfile::NcAttribute<T>::NcAttribute(const std::string&, const char*)': ncfile.h:357: error: there are no arguments to ‘strlen' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstephens
1 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Error when compiling using cygwin

I tried to compile the files in basic_dump_ex using cygwin : /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump_ex $make but I got this : cc -g -O -mno-cygwin -I ../../include -c -o basic_dump_ex.o basic_dump_ex.c cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-cygwin’... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
6 Replies
BCP(1)							 Boost C++ Libraries Documentation						    BCP(1)

NAME
bcp - extract subsets of Boost SYNOPSIS
bcp --list [options] module-list bcp [options] module-list output-path bcp --report [options] module-list html-file bcp --help DESCRIPTION
Copies all the files, including dependencies, found in module-list to output-path. output-path must be an existing path. With --list, prints the list of all the files in module-list, including dependencies. With --report, writes the HTML report to html-file. With --help, prints a quick usage reminder. It is useful for Boost authors who want to distribute their library separately from Boost and for Boost users who want to distribute a sub- set of Boost with their application. module-list When the --scan option is not used, a list of Boost files or library names to copy. It can be: - The name of a tool: for example "build" will find "tools/build". - The name of a library: for example "regex". - The title of a header: for example "scoped_ptr" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp". - The name of a header: for example "scoped_ptr.hpp" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp". - The name of a file: for example "boost/regex.hpp". When the --scan option is used, a list of (probably non-boost) files to scan for Boost dependencies, the files in the module list are not therefore copied/listed. File dependencies C++ source files are scanned for #includes, all #includes present in the Boost source tree will then be scanned for their dependencies and so on. C++ source files are associated with the name of a library, if that library has source code (and possibly build data), then include that source in the dependencies. C++ source files are checked for dependencies on Boost.Test (for example to see if they use cpp_main as an entry point). HTML files are scanned for immediate dependencies (images and style sheets, but not links). HTML report contains: - all the licenses in effect, plus the files using each license, and the copyright holders using each license - any files with no recognizable license (please report these to the Boost mailing lists) - any files with no recognizable copyright holders (please report these to the Boost mailing lists) - all the copyright holders and the files on which they hold copyright - file dependency information - indicates the reason for the inclusion of any particular file in the dependencies found OPTIONS
--boost=path sets the location of the Boost tree to path --scan treat the module list as a list of (possibly non-boost) files to scan for Boost dependencies --cvs only copy files under CVS version control --unix-lines make sure that all copied files use Unix style line endings EXAMPLES
bcp scoped_ptr /foo Copies boost/scoped_ptr.hpp and dependencies to /foo. bcp boost/regex.hpp /foo Copies boost/regex.hpp and all dependencies including the regex source code (in libs/regex/src) and build files (in libs/regex/build) to /foo. Does not copy the regex documentation, test or example code. bcp regex /foo Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) including dependencies (such as the Boost.Test source required by the regex test programs) to /foo. bcp regex config build /foo Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) plus the config lib (libs/config) and the build system (tools/build) to /foo including all the dependencies. bcp --scan --boost=/boost foo.cpp bar.cpp boost Scans the [non-boost] files foo.cpp and bar.cpp for Boost dependencies and copies those dependencies to the sub-directory boost. bcp --report regex.hpp boost-regex-report.html Creates a HTML report called boost-regex-report.html for the Boost module regex.hpp. AUTHORS
Author of bcp is John Maddock. Author of this manpage is Domenico Andreoli, who copied stuff from bcp --help and the HTML documentation. Boost C++ Libraries March 2006 BCP(1)