Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting X-Forwarded-For In C
Top Forums Programming Setting X-Forwarded-For In C Post 302980371 by Azrael on Friday 26th of August 2016 11:30:30 AM
Old 08-26-2016
I had used libcurl once, but that link is an awesome reference! I looked through some of these while searching for one to set the header. It looks like this one is the closest example:

libcurl example - httpcustomheader.c

I suppose someone could take this part:
Code:
    /* Add a header with "blank" contents to the right of the colon. Note that
       we're then using a semicolon in the string we pass to curl! */ 
    chunk = curl_slist_append(chunk, "X-silly-header;");

And change it to something like this?:
Code:
    /* Add a header with "blank" contents to the right of the colon. Note that
       we're then using a semicolon in the string we pass to curl! */ 
    chunk = curl_slist_append(chunk, "X-Forwarded-For: 1.2.3.4;");

Not sure if I'm on the right track?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New ip setting

I want to change the IPsetting and the broadcast setting. With ipconfig I get this: hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet xx.17x.18x.xx netmask fffffff0 broadcast xx.17x.18x.xx ether yy:0:yy:b6:yy:xx What command(squence) do I use to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

2. AIX

Timezone Setting

Hi On several AIX 5.3 LPARs the timezone is currrently set to: TZ=NZST-12NZDT,M9.5.0/02:00,M4.1.0/03:00 Daylight savings in NZ starts on Sun 28th Sep 2008, which is the fourth Sunday. Do I need to change my TZ variable to NZST-12NZDT,M9.4.0/02:00,M4.1.0/03:00 or will AIX interpret the fifth... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiwiP
2 Replies

3. AIX

Syslog - Message forwarded from

I am not a Unix / AIX admin, but am working with one that doesn't seem to know how to set up syslog to forward messages to me the way I need them. Every message they send me has "Message forwarded from <insert host name here>:" but I need it to only have the host name. In the examples below,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlbillow
2 Replies

4. Fedora

Setting up Cronjob

Hi, I had to setup some cron jobs using crontab -e when logged in as root. I noticed that the jobs only run when the permissons on the shell script file are set to execute on root and other. Why does "other" have to have its execution permission set? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help on setting up rsync

I need to "sync" a directory from a prod server to a test server. Rsync is working but it prompts for a password and I'd like to automate the process. The directory on the prod/source server is owned by root, and some subdirectories are only readable by root. On the test/destination servers, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LAToro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias setting

I want to set an alias to connect to sqlplus and also run a command while it it logs in. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cronjob setting

Hi there There's a script I would like to run daily every 5 minutes and this job should restart every 12:03AM so it would append to a new file with the following day date format instead of running and updating continuously into one log. I am not sure of the syntaxing, what I did was to set it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up Xlaunch

I have a Win7 laptop that I have installed Xming with Xlaunch so that I can remote a Solaris10 server. After the initial install on my Win7 machine what do I need to set and configure to be able to remote Solaris. This is my 3rd day working with Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible that X11 can be forwarded through a SSH tunnel

I communicate with the server via a ssh tunnel, configured via Putty. Recently, I'm trying to forward the X11 through it, but it doesn't work. Is there any one work this way? Searched with google, but didn't find anything. Thx in adv. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
2 Replies
curl-config(1)							curl-config manual						    curl-config(1)

NAME
curl-config - Get information about a libcurl installation SYNOPSIS
curl-config [options] DESCRIPTION
curl-config displays information about the curl and libcurl installation. OPTIONS
--ca Displays the built-in path to the CA cert bundle this libcurl uses. --cc Displays the compiler used to build libcurl. --cflags Set of compiler options (CFLAGS) to use when compiling files that use libcurl. Currently that is only the include path to the curl include files. --checkfor [version] Specify the oldest possible libcurl version string you want, and this script will return 0 if the current installation is new enough or it returns 1 and outputs a text saying that the current version is not new enough. (Added in 7.15.4) --configure Displays the arguments given to configure when building curl. --feature Lists what particular main features the installed libcurl was built with. At the time of writing, this list may include SSL, KRB4 or IPv6. Do not assume any particular order. The keywords will be separated by newlines. There may be none, one, or several keywords in the list. --help Displays the available options. --libs Shows the complete set of libs and other linker options you will need in order to link your application with libcurl. --prefix This is the prefix used when libcurl was installed. Libcurl is then installed in $prefix/lib and its header files are installed in $prefix/include and so on. The prefix is set with "configure --prefix". --protocols Lists what particular protocols the installed libcurl was built to support. At the time of writing, this list may include HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, FILE, TELNET, LDAP, DICT. Do not assume any particular order. The protocols will be listed using uppercase and are separated by newlines. There may be none, one, or several protocols in the list. (Added in 7.13.0) --static-libs Shows the complete set of libs and other linker options you will need in order to link your application with libcurl statically. (Added in 7.17.1) --version Outputs version information about the installed libcurl. --vernum Outputs version information about the installed libcurl, in numerical mode. This outputs the version number, in hexadecimal, with 8 bits for each part; major, minor, patch. So that libcurl 7.7.4 would appear as 070704 and libcurl 12.13.14 would appear as 0c0d0e... Note that the initial zero might be omitted. (This option was broken in the 7.15.0 release.) EXAMPLES
What linker options do I need when I link with libcurl? $ curl-config --libs What compiler options do I need when I compile using libcurl functions? $ curl-config --cflags How do I know if libcurl was built with SSL support? $ curl-config --feature | grep SSL What's the installed libcurl version? $ curl-config --version How do I build a single file with a one-line command? $ `curl-config --cc --cflags` -o example example.c `curl-config --libs` SEE ALSO
curl(1) Curl 7.17.1 25 Oct 2007 curl-config(1)