Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status Post 302980070 by Yoda on Tuesday 23rd of August 2016 12:51:12 PM
Old 08-23-2016
Try running without silent mode:-
Code:
sqlplus -s username/password@servername <<EOF

to
Code:
sqlplus username/password@servername <<EOF

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script with SQL statement problem

Hello, I have a script to get the information from database, however, it's look like the loop is not work, can someone help? :confused: echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in 'cat $filelist.txt' do echo "select FILENAME from FILE_TABLE where filename like '${file}'%;" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL statement is not work on unix script

Hi, I have the following basic script. However, the statement (line 5) is not work. The output data is not able to set my request format a30. Any advise? :mad: echo " Column filename format a30"|sqlplus4 echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in `cat $filelist.txt` do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script : #!/bin/bash echo "please give app_instance_id" read app_instance_id echo "id is $app_instance_id" export app_id=app_instance_id sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakeshr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)