Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting X-Forwarded-For In C
Top Forums Programming Setting X-Forwarded-For In C Post 302980063 by Corona688 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2016 11:44:00 AM
Old 08-23-2016
Python in particular suffers from library-itis. If there's something which can be done, there's not just one but several conflicting libraries preinstalled for you.

C is more of a "do it yourself" language. It doesn't really lend itself to one-liners. But it gives you a level of control scripting languages don't.

Do you have wget?

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
        const char *ip="1.2.3.4";
        printf("X-Forwarded-For:  %s\n", ip);
        printf("Content-Type:  text/html\n");
        printf("\n");

// Turn over to external wget utility
        // execl never returns, your program "becomes" the command you told it to run.
        execlp("wget", "http://website.com/whatever.php", "-q" "-O" "-", NULL);
        // ...unless it can't find wget, in which case it returns an error, and so should we.
        return(1);
}

I'm not aware of a "standard" CGI library for C which everyone already has, but a quick look finds cgic: cgic: an ANSI C library for CGI Programming

Last edited by Corona688; 08-23-2016 at 12:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New ip setting

I want to change the IPsetting and the broadcast setting. With ipconfig I get this: hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet xx.17x.18x.xx netmask fffffff0 broadcast xx.17x.18x.xx ether yy:0:yy:b6:yy:xx What command(squence) do I use to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

2. AIX

Timezone Setting

Hi On several AIX 5.3 LPARs the timezone is currrently set to: TZ=NZST-12NZDT,M9.5.0/02:00,M4.1.0/03:00 Daylight savings in NZ starts on Sun 28th Sep 2008, which is the fourth Sunday. Do I need to change my TZ variable to NZST-12NZDT,M9.4.0/02:00,M4.1.0/03:00 or will AIX interpret the fifth... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiwiP
2 Replies

3. AIX

Syslog - Message forwarded from

I am not a Unix / AIX admin, but am working with one that doesn't seem to know how to set up syslog to forward messages to me the way I need them. Every message they send me has "Message forwarded from <insert host name here>:" but I need it to only have the host name. In the examples below,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlbillow
2 Replies

4. Fedora

Setting up Cronjob

Hi, I had to setup some cron jobs using crontab -e when logged in as root. I noticed that the jobs only run when the permissons on the shell script file are set to execute on root and other. Why does "other" have to have its execution permission set? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help on setting up rsync

I need to "sync" a directory from a prod server to a test server. Rsync is working but it prompts for a password and I'd like to automate the process. The directory on the prod/source server is owned by root, and some subdirectories are only readable by root. On the test/destination servers, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LAToro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias setting

I want to set an alias to connect to sqlplus and also run a command while it it logs in. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cronjob setting

Hi there There's a script I would like to run daily every 5 minutes and this job should restart every 12:03AM so it would append to a new file with the following day date format instead of running and updating continuously into one log. I am not sure of the syntaxing, what I did was to set it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up Xlaunch

I have a Win7 laptop that I have installed Xming with Xlaunch so that I can remote a Solaris10 server. After the initial install on my Win7 machine what do I need to set and configure to be able to remote Solaris. This is my 3rd day working with Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible that X11 can be forwarded through a SSH tunnel

I communicate with the server via a ssh tunnel, configured via Putty. Recently, I'm trying to forward the X11 through it, but it doesn't work. Is there any one work this way? Searched with google, but didn't find anything. Thx in adv. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
2 Replies
LWP::Simple(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    LWP::Simple(3)

NAME
LWP::Simple - simple procedural interface to LWP SYNOPSIS
perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'getprint "http://www.sn.no"' use LWP::Simple; $content = get("http://www.sn.no/"); die "Couldn't get it!" unless defined $content; if (mirror("http://www.sn.no/", "foo") == RC_NOT_MODIFIED) { ... } if (is_success(getprint("http://www.sn.no/"))) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module is meant for people who want a simplified view of the libwww-perl library. It should also be suitable for one-liners. If you need more control or access to the header fields in the requests sent and responses received, then you should use the full object-oriented interface provided by the "LWP::UserAgent" module. The following functions are provided (and exported) by this module: get($url) The get() function will fetch the document identified by the given URL and return it. It returns "undef" if it fails. The $url argument can be either a simple string or a reference to a URI object. You will not be able to examine the response code or response headers (like 'Content-Type') when you are accessing the web using this function. If you need that information you should use the full OO interface (see LWP::UserAgent). head($url) Get document headers. Returns the following 5 values if successful: ($content_type, $document_length, $modified_time, $expires, $server) Returns an empty list if it fails. In scalar context returns TRUE if successful. getprint($url) Get and print a document identified by a URL. The document is printed to the selected default filehandle for output (normally STDOUT) as data is received from the network. If the request fails, then the status code and message are printed on STDERR. The return value is the HTTP response code. getstore($url, $file) Gets a document identified by a URL and stores it in the file. The return value is the HTTP response code. mirror($url, $file) Get and store a document identified by a URL, using If-modified-since, and checking the Content-Length. Returns the HTTP response code. This module also exports the HTTP::Status constants and procedures. You can use them when you check the response code from getprint(), getstore() or mirror(). The constants are: RC_CONTINUE RC_SWITCHING_PROTOCOLS RC_OK RC_CREATED RC_ACCEPTED RC_NON_AUTHORITATIVE_INFORMATION RC_NO_CONTENT RC_RESET_CONTENT RC_PARTIAL_CONTENT RC_MULTIPLE_CHOICES RC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY RC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY RC_SEE_OTHER RC_NOT_MODIFIED RC_USE_PROXY RC_BAD_REQUEST RC_UNAUTHORIZED RC_PAYMENT_REQUIRED RC_FORBIDDEN RC_NOT_FOUND RC_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED RC_NOT_ACCEPTABLE RC_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED RC_REQUEST_TIMEOUT RC_CONFLICT RC_GONE RC_LENGTH_REQUIRED RC_PRECONDITION_FAILED RC_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE RC_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE RC_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE RC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR RC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED RC_BAD_GATEWAY RC_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE RC_GATEWAY_TIMEOUT RC_HTTP_VERSION_NOT_SUPPORTED The HTTP::Status classification functions are: is_success($rc) True if response code indicated a successful request. is_error($rc) True if response code indicated that an error occurred. The module will also export the LWP::UserAgent object as $ua if you ask for it explicitly. The user agent created by this module will identify itself as "LWP::Simple/#.##" and will initialize its proxy defaults from the environment (by calling $ua->env_proxy). CAVEAT
Note that if you are using both LWP::Simple and the very popular CGI.pm module, you may be importing a "head" function from each module, producing a warning like "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head ($) vs none". Get around this problem by just not importing LWP::Simple's "head" function, like so: use LWP::Simple qw(!head); use CGI qw(:standard); # then only CGI.pm defines a head() Then if you do need LWP::Simple's "head" function, you can just call it as "LWP::Simple::head($url)". SEE ALSO
LWP, lwpcook, LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Status, lwp-request, lwp-mirror perl v5.12.1 2009-06-15 LWP::Simple(3)