Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status Post 302980059 by chill3chee on Tuesday 23rd of August 2016 11:11:51 AM
Old 08-23-2016
UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts,

I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and I need to log the sql statement that is about to execute and the feedback of Oracle whether the view is created or not..
My excerpt goes as
Code:
sqlplus -s username/password@servername <<EOF
SET ECHO ON;
SET NEWPAGE 0;
SET PAGESIZE 0;
SET LINESIZE 200;
SET LONG 10000000;
SET TRIMSPOOL ON;
SET HEADING OFF;
SET FEEDBACK ON;
SET VERIFY ON;
SET TERMOUT OFF;
SET SQLBLANKLINES ON;

SPOOL ${drctry}/${v_timestamp}_sql_execution_log.txt
@${drctry}/${v_date}_sql_statements.txt
SPOOL OFF;

EXIT;

EOF

If the contents of the file ${v_date}_sql_statements.txt is
Code:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW V_TABLE1 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE1;
GRANT SELECT ON V_TABLE1 TO USER1;
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW V_TABLE300 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE300;
GRANT SELECT ON V_TABLE300 TO USER300;

Expected output:
Code:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW V_TABLE1 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE1;
View created
GRANT SELECT ON V_TABLE1 TO USER1;
Grant succeeded
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW V_TABLE300 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE300;
View created
GRANT SELECT ON V_TABLE300 TO USER300;
Grant succeeded

After some search, noticed List option; But it only records the last statement that was executed if we have more than 1 statement, which doesn't fit here. In Teradata Bteq the ECHOREQuired attribute can be set to on for this task. But I am not sure in Oracle. Also tried
Code:
sqlplus -s username/password@servername <<EOF > ${drctry}/${v_timestamp}_unix_sql_log.txt

But still no luck. Thank you for your time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script with SQL statement problem

Hello, I have a script to get the information from database, however, it's look like the loop is not work, can someone help? :confused: echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in 'cat $filelist.txt' do echo "select FILENAME from FILE_TABLE where filename like '${file}'%;" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL statement is not work on unix script

Hi, I have the following basic script. However, the statement (line 5) is not work. The output data is not able to set my request format a30. Any advise? :mad: echo " Column filename format a30"|sqlplus4 echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in `cat $filelist.txt` do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script : #!/bin/bash echo "please give app_instance_id" read app_instance_id echo "id is $app_instance_id" export app_id=app_instance_id sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakeshr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies
VIEW(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER VIEW(7) NAME
ALTER_VIEW - change the definition of a view SYNOPSIS
ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_name SET DEFAULT expression ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_name DROP DEFAULT ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name OWNER TO new_owner ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name RENAME TO new_name ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name SET SCHEMA new_schema ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name SET ( view_option_name [= view_option_value] [, ... ] ) ALTER VIEW [ IF EXISTS ] name RESET ( view_option_name [, ... ] ) DESCRIPTION
ALTER VIEW changes various auxiliary properties of a view. (If you want to modify the view's defining query, use CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW.) You must own the view to use ALTER VIEW. To change a view's schema, you must also have CREATE privilege on the new schema. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the view's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the view. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any view anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing view. IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the view does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. SET/DROP DEFAULT These forms set or remove the default value for a column. A default value associated with a view column is inserted into INSERT statements on the view before the view's ON INSERT rule is applied, if the INSERT does not specify a value for the column. new_owner The user name of the new owner of the view. new_name The new name for the view. new_schema The new schema for the view. view_option_name The name of a view option to be set or reset. view_option_value The new value for a view option. NOTES
For historical reasons, ALTER TABLE can be used with views too; but the only variants of ALTER TABLE that are allowed with views are equivalent to the ones shown above. EXAMPLES
To rename the view foo to bar: ALTER VIEW foo RENAME TO bar; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER VIEW is a PostgreSQL extension of the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE VIEW (CREATE_VIEW(7)), DROP VIEW (DROP_VIEW(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER VIEW(7)