Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CentOS 6.8 with Rocks Cluster: ldconfig is not a symbolic link errors Post 302979962 by RobbieTheK on Monday 22nd of August 2016 11:40:44 AM
Old 08-22-2016
fixed the ldconfig errors

Well I partially solved this. The files were a duplicate of each other so:
Code:
diff /usr/lib/libz.so.1 /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3

And no difference. So I moved all of the file like /usr/lib/libz.so.1 to my home directory and created a symbolic link a la this:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3 /usr/lib/libz.so.1

I did it for all of the files listed and afterwards no more errors with ldconfig. So I'm still left with this error:
Code:
yum check dependencies
reportlab-2.5-1.x86_64 has missing requires of libpython2.7.so.1.0()(64bit)
Error: check ['dependencies']

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Link Help

Hello All, This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck. Is there a way to reverse the following; sudo rm /bin/sh sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

4. Linux

Intermittent connectivity issues with ROCKS on a compute cluster

I have a cluster set up with a head node and compute nodes running TORQUE and MOAB. The distro is ROCKS 5.3. I've been having problems with the connectivity for the past couple weeks now. Every couple hours it seems like the network connectivity will just stop working: sometimes it'll start back up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalf85
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link

Hi, trying to understand more about symblic link, when I compiled a program called "match" in one folder ~/downloadsoftware/I want this program to be accessible like a system command by putting a symbolic link in /usr/bin/ Not by setting the $PATH method in .bashrc at this time. What I did is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

8. Linux

Rocks cluster 6.1 and MPICH2 problem??????

Hey friends, I am trying to execute a simple hello world in mpi on MPICH2 on Rocks cluster. here is the c source code. #include <mpi.h> #include <stdio.h> int main( int argc, char ** argv ) { MPI_Init( NULL, NULL ); int world_size; MPI_Comm_size( MPI_COMM_WORLD, &world_size ); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here ==' This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this. ================================== My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kapom
1 Replies
COMPAT_30(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COMPAT_30(8)

NAME
compat_30 -- setup procedure for backward compatibility on post-3.0 releases SYNOPSIS
options COMPAT_30 DESCRIPTION
The compat_30 module allows NetBSD to run NetBSD 3.0 executables. The support is present if the kernel was built with option COMPAT_30. It is not available as a loadable module. Static executables typically need no additional setup. Dynamic binaries may require shared libraries whose major version number changed since NetBSD 3.0, which are listed below. A shadow directory under /emul is not used; the libraries can be obtained from a NetBSD 3.0 dis- tribution and installed in the original directories shown, as the major version number in the file name will prevent conflicts. If an upgrade installation from NetBSD 3.0 has been done and these libraries are still present, nothing more need be done. Libraries needed from 3.0 /lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /lib/libcrypto.so.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2 /lib/libevent.so.0.2 /lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0.2 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19.1 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0.1 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /lib/libradius.so.0.0 /lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /lib/libz.so.0.4 /lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libz.so.0.4 /usr/lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2 IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
COMPAT_30 enables the NetBSD 3.0 versions of the following system calls, whose syscall numbers and argument structures were changed after the 3.0 release to accommodate 64-bit filesystems: fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2). The filehandle structure (formerly fhandle_t) was made opaque to userland and variable-sized. A fh_size argument was added to related syscalls: fhstat(2), fhstatvfs(2), fhstatvfs1(2), fhopen(2), getfh(2). This changes the API and ABI of those syscalls, COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatibility is not provided, as use of those syscalls is supposed to be rare. The error code from the socket(2) syscall changed from EPROTONOSUPPORT to EAFNOSUPPORT in the case of an unsupported address family. COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatiblility is not provided. The struct ntptimeval used by ntp_gettime(2) changed with the implementation of timecounters. SEE ALSO
config(1), fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2), options(4) HISTORY
NetBSD offers back-compatibility options back to NetBSD 0.9, but the first to be documented with a manual page is compat_30. BUGS
The compatible getdents(2) is unable to see directory entries beneath the top layer of a union, even though the real 3.0 getdents() did not have that problem. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Programs with security impact that receive incorrect directory contents from getdents() may behave improperly, as when they are unable to find, or find the wrong versions of, important files. BSD
December 15, 2007 BSD