Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache2 logs analysis
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Apache2 logs analysis Post 302979946 by RudiC on Monday 22nd of August 2016 07:12:11 AM
Old 08-22-2016
Fully supporting what bakunin says, on first glance one can see that there are many, many repeating (almost) identical operations, so using adequate data structures you could dramatically simplify the entire script, making it way more maintainable at the same time.
On top, a few lines of sample input data would help as well...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Logs Analysis Software ?

Hi, What is the best log analysis software for Solaris ?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
3 Replies

2. Programming

Regarding stack analysis

I would like to know how I could do the following : void func(){ int a = 100; b=0; int c = a/b; } void sig_handler (int sig,siginfo_t *info,void *context){ //signal handling function //here I want to access the variables of func() } int main(){ struct sigaction *act =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Metacharacters analysis

:confused:Hi , Can someone please advise what is the meaning of metacharacters in below code? a_PROCESS=${0##*/} a_DPFX=${a_PROCESS%.*} a_LPFX="a_DPFX : $$ : " a_UPFX="Usage: $a_PROCESS" Regards, gehlnar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysis of a script

what does this line in a script mean?? I have tried to give it at the command prompt and here is what it returns ksh: /db2home/db2dap1/sqllib/db2profile: not found. . /db2home/db2dap1/sqllib/db2profile i have tried the same thing for my home directory too and the result is the same .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text analysis

Hey Guys, Does anyone know how to count the separate amount of words in a text file? e.g the 5 and 20 Furthermore does anyone know how to convert whole numbers in decimals? Thanks (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: John0101
24 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::MPM(3pm)User Contributed Perl Documentatiolibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::MPM(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::MPM - Perl API for accessing Apache MPM information Synopsis use Apache2::MPM (); # check whether Apache MPM is threaded if (Apache2::MPM->is_threaded) { do_something() } # which mpm is used my $mpm = lc Apache2::MPM->show; # query mpm properties use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(:mpmq); if (Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_STATIC)) { ... } Description "Apache2::MPM" provides the Perl API for accessing Apache MPM information. API
"Apache2::MPM" provides the following functions and/or methods: "query" Query various attributes of the MPM my $query = Apache2::MPM->query($const); obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name arg1: $const ( "Apache2::Const :mpmq group constant" ) The MPM attribute to query. ret: $query ( boolean ) the result of the query since: 2.0.00 For example to test whether the mpm is static: use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(MPMQ_STATIC); if (Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_STATIC)) { ... } "is_threaded" Check whether the running Apache MPM is threaded. my $is_threaded = Apache2::MPM->is_threaded; obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name ret: $is_threaded ( boolean ) threaded or not since: 2.0.00 Note that this functionality is just a shortcut for: use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(MPMQ_IS_THREADED); my $is_threaded = Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_IS_THREADED); "show" What mpm is used my $mpm = Apache2::MPM->show(); obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name ret: $mpm ( string ) the name of the MPM. e.g., "Prefork". since: 2.0.00 See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::MPM(3pm)