Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping through records in db and processing them in UNIX Post 302979707 by rbatte1 on Thursday 18th of August 2016 05:37:02 AM
Old 08-18-2016
You could also do this in the shell if you run the SQL and capture the output. You could do this with a file or a pipe to get it input a shell loop. It may be simpler to understand but may not run as efficiently as the all-in-one SQL solution suggested above.

Do you want to consider it?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix File Processing

Hi, Does anyone know of a Unix command that would give me the most recent file from a list of files with the same names except for the date/time stamp, i.e. kah_en_20070103T2234307Z.zip (with an actual date/time stamp of 1/3/07 4:41 pm), kah_en_20070104T054732Z.zip (with an actual date/time stamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tls77065
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to achieve following parallel processing thru unix

hey...... i hav the follwing scripts needs to run parallel, so i made it as follows, $HPath/start_script.sh 20 & $HPath/start_script.sh 03 & $HPath/start_script.sh 01 & $HPath/start_script.sh 12 & then once all these above got completed successfully i have to run ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Processing

I am an Awk newbie and cannot wrap my brain around my problem: Given multi-line records of varying lengths separated by a blank line I need to skip the first two lines of every record and extract every-other line in each record unless the first line of the record has the word "(CONT)" in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

processing records in a file

Hi, I have a file that contains some records that I would like to process each line that I am interested in. My goal is to create a new file that contains only the rest_of_line for each line that matches. It has the following File Format command, platform, rest_of_line" I am searching the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use looping in unix

Can someone help me coding a loop (like for loop in C)? I mean what is the syntax....? My requirement is, i have to send every successive string searched using awk to a csv file till the end of the file..Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Processing records as group - awk

I have a file has following records policy glb id 1233 name Permit ping from "One" to "Second" "Address1" "Any" "ICMP-ANY" permit policy id 999251 service "snmp-udp" exit policy glb id 1234 name Permit telnet from "One" to "Second" "Address2" "Any" "TCP-ANY" permit policy id 1234... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Signal Processing in unix

I've read the man page of singal(3) but I still can't quite understand what is the difference between SIGINT, SIGALRM and SIGTERM. Can someone tell me what is the behavioral difference among these 3 signals in kill command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
2 Replies

8. Programming

Unix Shell background processing

So I made my own unix shell, but i want to make a background process when using the & appended to the end, so far most of the commands seem to work (except cd, but thats another story) right now here is what I have got. Im thinking maybe I shouldn't be using switch and maybe switch it to... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mercfh
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping with wait in UNIX

Hello Gurus , Could you help me with my below requirement In my script I will start a process ,it takes some time to complete the process.After completion it will create a file after that I have to restart the process again The number of time it will be done will vary but that count we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing in UNIX

Greetings! I have a text file that I am trying to process to get the desired output but looks like I will need the community help. Input File: a|x|london|consumer|consumer1|country||D|consumer|consumer1|country||1 a|x|paris|consumer|consumer2|country||D|consumer1|consumer2|country||2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
3 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   SQL::ReservedWords(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords - Reserved SQL words by ANSI/ISO SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQL word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by ANSI/ISO SQL standard. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either "SQL:1992", "SQL:1999" or "SQL:2003". is_reserved_by_sql1992( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:1992". is_reserved_by_sql1999( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:1999". is_reserved_by_sql2003( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:2003". reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQL standards that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sql1992 is_reserved_by_sql1999 is_reserved_by_sql2003 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords::DB2 SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL SQL::ReservedWords::ODBC SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer ISO/IEC 9075:1992 Database languages -- SQL ISO/IEC 9075-2:1999 Database languages -- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation) ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003 Database languages -- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation) AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords(3pm)