Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk if match
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk if match Post 302979688 by ashokvpp on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 09:57:20 PM
Old 08-17-2016
Good to know we can use like
(FROM|INTO)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamic match thru awk

hey , my i/p text looks like this, FILE_TYPE=01|FILE_DESC=Periodic|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=B FILE_TYPE=02|FILE_DESC=NCTO|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=M NOTE Look carefully for the position FILE_TYPE,FILE_DESC... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match and print

I have thousands of tables compiled in a single txt document that I'm parsing with AWK. Scattered throughout the document in random sections I would like to parse out the sections that look like this: 1 Seq. Descrição do bem Tipo do bem Valor do bem (R$) 2 1 LOCALIZADO ANA RUA PESSEGO N 96... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyabe
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - multiple match

I need to exttract the color fields shown below. The parenthesis can contain almost anything. Updated: 11b -98db random junk CH: 1 random junk (a space) random junk 11g -82db random junk CH: 2 random junk (most_characters) random junk 11n -73db random junk CH: 11 random junk (sometimes... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiah07
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better way to match a list in awk

Suppose I have a list of strings in a file called stringlist... string1 string2 ... stringn Suppose also that I have another file, or stdin, or whatever, and I want to use awk to see if some field in each record matches any string in stringlist. What I've been doing is using each string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match help

Trying to match $1 of file2.txt with $1 of file 1.txt and output the entire line of the match. Thank you :) awk 'NR==FNR{A=$2; next} A {$2=$2 " " A}1' file1.txt file2.txt > output.txt file1.txt LMNA 285.195652 MZT1P1 166.852113 HFM1 129.847940 file2.txt LMNA PTPN11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk for match and print

I have the need to match up the lat / lon from a fileA with the lat / lon and value from fileB. fileA is a small subset of fileB I have the following awk script but it prints out all the contents from fileB. I only need the matches. awk 'FNR==NR {A=$NF; next} {A=$NF} END{for(i in A) printf... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)