Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Trouble with sysv floppy images created under Linux Post 302979665 by jgt on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 12:59:34 PM
Old 08-17-2016
I am cleaning out my library. I found most of the Xenix manuals, along with Lyrix, Foxbase+ and Professional.
If you want them, I will ship via UPS ground collect.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading SCO floppy on Linux

Is there any way I can read a floppy written on SCO Unix 3 on a Redhat Linux 6.0 machine?? If so, how? Thanks in advance, Leo :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo Gessford Jr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. Programming

mutexing with sysv calls

My question is: what's the best way to implement mutual exclusion for a shared memory segment. I want to ensure that while updating a shared memory segment that another process will not get read part of the segment before and the other part after the update. (I also want to ensure that the update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone, I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows. I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life. The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: highkftj
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laya
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laya
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SysV package creation, how to predefine DESTDIR

Hi Solaris experts How to predefine the DESTDIR in a Solaris package? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
Vend::Ship::QueryUPS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Vend::Ship::QueryUPS(3pm)

NAME
Vend::Ship::QueryUPS -- calculate UPS costs via www SYNOPSIS
(catalog.cfg) Shipping QueryUPS default_geo 45056 (shipping.asc) ground: UPS Ground Commercial origin 45056 service GNDCOM min 0 max 0 cost e Nothing to ship! min 0 max 150 cost s QueryUPS min 150 max 99999999 cost e Too heavy for UPS. DESCRIPTION
Calculates UPS costs via the WWW using Business::UPS. To activate, configure any parameter in catalog.cfg. A good choice is the default origin zip. Options: weight Weight in pounds. Required -- normally passed via CRIT parameter. service Any valid Business::UPS mode (required). Example: 1DA,2DA,GNDCOM. Defaults to the mode name. geo Location of field containing zip code. Default is 'zip'. country_field Location of field containing country code. Default is 'country'. default_geo The ZIP code to use if none supplied -- for defaulting shipping to some value in absence of ZIP. No default -- will return 0 and error if no zip. default_country The country code to use if none supplied -- for defaulting shipping to some value in absence of country. Default US. aggregate If 1, aggregates by a call to weight=150 (or $Variable->{UPS_QUERY_MODULO}). Multiplies that times number necessary, then runs a call for the remainder. In other words: [ups-query weight=400 mode=GNDCOM aggregate=1] is equivalent to: [calc] [ups-query weight=150 mode=GNDCOM] + [ups-query weight=150 mode=GNDCOM] + [ups-query weight=100 mode=GNDCOM]; [/calc] If set to a number above 1, will be the modulo to do repeated calls by. So: [ups-query weight=400 mode=GNDCOM aggregate=100] is equivalent to: [calc] [ups-query weight=100 mode=GNDCOM] + [ups-query weight=100 mode=GNDCOM] + [ups-query weight=100 mode=GNDCOM] + [ups-query weight=100 mode=GNDCOM]; [/calc] To aggregate by 1, use .999999. cache_table Set to the name of a table (default ups_cache) which can cache the calls so repeated calls for the same values will not require repeated calls to UPS. Table needs to be set up with: Database ups_cache ship/ups_cache.txt __SQLDSN__ Database ups_cache AUTO_SEQUENCE ups_cache_seq Database ups_cache DEFAULT_TYPE varchar(12) Database ups_cache INDEX weight origin zip shipmode country And have the fields: code weight origin zip country shipmode cost updated Typical cached data will be like: code weight origin zip country shipmode cost updated 14 11 45056 99501 US 2DA 35.14 1052704130 15 11 45056 99501 US 1DA 57.78 1052704130 16 11 45056 99501 US 2DA 35.14 1052704132 17 11 45056 99501 US 1DA 57.78 1052704133 Cache expires in one day. perl v5.14.2 2010-03-25 Vend::Ship::QueryUPS(3pm)