Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX command to get the latest file and also matching pattern Post 302979630 by vishwanath001 on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 05:40:46 AM
Old 08-17-2016
AIX server version-7100-04-02-1614

shell version-KSH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching in UNIX

Hello, I have a pattern like "XXXXXX XXXXXX" which i need to make search in a input file and Replace the matched pattern to a another pattern. This is the code i tried .. #!/usr/bin/perl print "Enter a File name :"; chomp ($file = <STDIN>); print "\n Searching file :"; if (system ("ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching problem in UNIX

Hello All, I need help I have a problem in searching the pattern in a file let us say the file contains the below lines line 1 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/RETURN') ................. ................. line 4 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/6kdat1') line 5 USING... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pattern matching in unix

Task is to identify files like code.1 , code.23 and so on ... (the files which are ending with a number) but it should not match files like code.123abc. So the search will normally search for files with "code." and at the end we should extract for the correct match. Now I have to remove these files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwakar_reddy
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Pattern Matching in Unix

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK,CARE_OF 1,Robert,74538,12,RICHARD JOHNSON, P.C 2,Sam,07564,13,% R.S MIKE, V.K.S 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14,@90 KMS, %TK Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK,CARE_OF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching on any special character in Unix

Hi, I have field in a file which would come with any special character, how do i check that field? Eg: @123TYtaasa>>>/ 131dfetr_~2 In the above example, how do I add pattern for any special character on the keyboard. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

6. AIX

matching pattern in 'ps' command

Hi all, I have two instance of jboss (jboss and jboss2). In a shell script that I am writing, I need to grep for each instance of jboss. If i use ps -ef|grep 'jboss', it will also return the process for my second instance of jboss, which is jboss2. Can someone tell me how can i specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding pattern matching used in a grep command

I have the following code. I want to remove the --sort=num/num/... and am using grep to exclude it as shown below: I have a bit of problem figuring out the use of - at the front echo "--sort=4/5/6" | grep -ivE '-((sort|group)=+/+(/+)*)$' Now suppose I want to remove --quiet I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Binary pattern matching in UNIX

I think what I'm trying to do is pretty straightforward but I just can't find a way to do it. I'm trying to run a double pattern match in a three column file. If the first two columns match, I need to output the third. So in the file AAA BBB 1 BBC CCC 5 CCC DDD 7 DDD EEE 12 If the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewndavies1
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)					      Tcl Library Procedures					     Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)