Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a for loop statement for removing files listed in Oracle table? Post 302979489 by manisha_singh on Monday 15th of August 2016 10:27:25 AM
Old 08-15-2016
It worked. thank you so muc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CVSWeb - Directories listed but files not listed

I am using CVSWeb on HPUnix. When i access it, all directories are listed but files are not listed. I am getting the error "NOTE: There are 51 files, but none matches the current tag. " in tomcat sevrer log i am getting the message "rlog warning: Missing revision or branch number after -r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

to create a oracle table in perl script

Hi all, I have to create table for each month inside a perl script. tablename_monthnameyear. megh_aug2008 for august 2008. megh_sep2008 for september 2008. just like the logfiles created on date basis. thanks megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ORACLE] CREATE TABLE in bash

Hey, I want to create a table in bash, my db server is oracle. You can find my script below: I am very confused. I tried to run this script many times without any luck. Please help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radek
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create table file from different files with index

Hi, I've several files with two collumns, where first collumn can be used as index. filename1 and filename2 how to create a file I should start with cat all files and extract first collumn to create an index? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create a loop in an if statement

Hey guys, a=`cat abc | wc -l` b=`cat def | wc -l` if $a== $b then echo "a" else echo "b" fi I want the if condition to retry itself , untill a==b. I can't use goto statemt. Please help. Thanx in advance. Please use next time code tags for your code and data (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table within awk-if statement

Hi I am trying to create a table within an awk if statement awk -F, '{ if ($8 ~ /Match/) BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' SN1.csv | mailx -s "Your details" abc@123.com But this doesnt work.. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create the SQLLDR control file from Oracle table.

I need to create the shell script load the few 100 table using the SQLLDR. Need to generate the control file for each table using oracle table. table has "table names" and "column names" using this need create the control file. example table rows below table_nme column_nme DEPT ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimmit22043
2 Replies
faxrm(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)