Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX lpar bad disk I/O performance - 4k per IO limitation ? Post 302979370 by bakunin on Saturday 13th of August 2016 06:43:05 AM
Old 08-13-2016
Thank you for posting a follow-up with the solution. i mark the thread as solved.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX System paramerter for Disk performance

Can I change any AIX System paramerter for speeding the data Disk performance? Currently it slows with writing operations. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.2 5.3 disk performance exerciser tool

I'm search for a disk exerciser / load tool like iometer, iozone, diskx for IBM AIX 5.2 and 5.3 Because of a very bad disk performance on several AIX systems, I need to have a tool which is able to generate a disk load on my local and SAN disks. Does somebody knows a kind of tool which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funsje
5 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR and AIX VIO Disk Mappring for Linux Clients

VIO Server is managing both AIX Clients and Linux Clients. For AIX Clients, we could do a disk mapping from slot numbers to VIO and also uname -L to determine the lparid and serial number frame its running on. From a Linux Client, How do I know which IBM frame its running on? Any command to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpangulu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on AIX Limitation

Hello, I have a problem running a script created in ksh for Linux (Tested on Debian 5.0, Ubuntu Server 10.04 and RHEL 5.1), it works properly. :b: I trying to pass it to a AIX 5.3. :wall: The problem is the character limit of 256 on a command system and SED. I need to cut the contents of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis.spa
8 Replies

5. AIX

Performance issues for LPAR with GPFS 3.4

Hi, We have GPFS 3.4 Installed on two AIX 6.1 Nodes. We have 3 GPFS Mount points: /abc01 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc02 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc03 1TB ((Comprises of Multiple 300GB disks from XIV SAN) Now these 40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

6. AIX

What is the limitation in AIX?

Hi All, i got few questions... 1) What is the maximum number of files that we can save under a single directory in AIX ? (* we have enough storage/disk space) 2) And what is the maximum number of sub - directories in side a directory? I know that...every directory is a (special)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
11 Replies

7. AIX

Newbie - AIX LPAR performance problem

Running into performance issues with WAS application servers on two of LPAR's or like configuration under high load web pages crawl. Please forgive me I'm new to AIX and most my expertise is in the Linux space. Thanks for your help!! Here's the run down: The problem appears to be CPU... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: margeson
3 Replies

8. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies

10. AIX

LPAR cannot added disk

Dear All, I created a new partition through "Integrated Virtualization Manager" but there have an error when I added a new disk to the partition. The disk already created without any issue, Below error is to add the disk to the partition An error occured while modifying the assignments... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lckdanny
5 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)