Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIOS Configuration Question
Operating Systems AIX VIOS Configuration Question Post 302979326 by zaxxon on Friday 12th of August 2016 10:15:22 AM
Old 08-12-2016
Hi XrAy Smilie

Just to make sure I understand the plan you attached:
  • The bundle of EtherChannels and SEAs is just shown abstract I assume?
  • The "abstract?" SEA has a PVID of 2999?
  • If there is no abstract bundle, have the vNICs just tagged more than 1 VLAN ID and all are bundled via LACP to a big one?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration Newbie Question

Hi - I am fairly new with unix. I have a unix box, installed with Solaris 2.8. I can get the box hooked up to the internet, not using DHCP but static IP address behind a Linksys firewall. However, I cannot telnet to the unix box or from within the unix box. If I telnet from a windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trigeek8888
8 Replies

2. Linux

xterm font colors - configuration question?

When I telnet (ssh) over to my Fedora system, I find the colors horrible. For instance, regular files are white text, which is fine, but directories show up as dark blue which is virtually invisible against the black background). Additionally, when using vi, I find the colors great doing perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripley
3 Replies

3. Debian

gnome file manager configuration question

Is there a way to configure the gnome file manager to open each directory in the same window instead of opening a new one? (Debian 5.0.0) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH Configuration Question

In sshd_config it is written: # The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with # OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where # possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a # default value. So does that mean for the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS

Can anybody provide me with usefull links to get knowledge how VIOS works and how to configure Lpars on it? I am tired and feel lazy to search through IBM redbooks :-) .. so pls help me :p (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
3 Replies

6. Debian

Question on the dhcp-server configuration for a fixed IP address.

Hi , when i configure my server with a fixed ip address in dhcpd.conf as below subnet 172.21.151.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 172.21.151.66 172.21.151.66; } host switch { hardware ethernet 00:05:30:02:DB:31; fixed-address 172.21.151.66; } when i start dhcpd server , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free Radius Configuration question

Solaris 10 on an X86 box - Config runs fine has a couple of items in log (really long log file). When I try make I get make: Fatal error in reader: Make.inc, line 84: Unexpected end of line seen line 84 is LIBRADIUS_WITH_OPENSSL = 1 any ideas on what to try? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
1 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS 2.2.4.10 - Errors

Hi, $ ioslevel 2.2.4.10 I always get these errors when I perform any action using the web interface of IVM / VIOS Shutdown Partitions Help You have chosen to shutdown the following partitions. The recommended shutdown method is to use the client operating systems shutdown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
BUNDLE-CONFIG(1)														  BUNDLE-CONFIG(1)

NAME
bundle-config - Set bundler configuration options SYNOPSIS
bundle config [name [value]] DESCRIPTION
This command allows you to interact with bundler's configuration system. Bundler retrieves its configuration from the local application (app/.bundle/config), environment variables, and the user's home directory (~/.bundle/config), in that order of priority. Executing bundle config with no parameters will print a list of all bundler configuration for the current bundle, and where that configura- tion was set. Executing bundle config <name> will print the value of that configuration setting, and where it was set. Executing bundle config <name> <value> will set that configuration to the value specified for all bundles executed as the current user. The configuration will be stored in ~/.bundle/config. BUILD OPTIONS
You can use bundle config to give bundler the flags to pass to the gem installer every time bundler tries to install a particular gem. A very common example, the mysql gem, requires Snow Leopard users to pass configuration flags to gem install to specify where to find the mysql_config executable. gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config Since the specific location of that executable can change from machine to machine, you can specify these flags on a per-machine basis. bundle config build.mysql --with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config After running this command, every time bundler needs to install the mysql gem, it will pass along the flags you specified. CONFIGURATION KEYS
Configuration keys in bundler have two forms: the canonical form and the environment variable form. For instance, passing the --without flag to bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html prevents Bundler from installing certain groups speci- fied in the Gemfile(5). Bundler persists this value in app/.bundle/config so that calls to Bundler.setup do not try to find gems from the Gemfile that you didn't install. Additionally, subsequent calls to bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html remember this setting and skip those groups. The canonical form of this configuration is "without". To convert the canonical form to the environment variable form, capitalize it, and prepend BUNDLE_. The environment variable form of "without" is BUNDLE_WITHOUT. LIST OF AVAILABLE KEYS
The following is a list of all configuration keys and their purpose. You can learn more about their operation in bundle install(1) bun- dle-install.1.html. path (BUNDLE_PATH) The location on disk to install gems. Defaults to $GEM_HOME in development and vendor/bundler when --deployment is used frozen (BUNDLE_FROZEN) Disallow changes to the Gemfile. Defaults to true when --deployment is used. without (BUNDLE_WITHOUT) A :-separated list of groups whose gems bundler should not install bin (BUNDLE_BIN) Install executables from gems in the bundle to the specified directory. Defaults to false. gemfile (BUNDLE_GEMFILE) The name of the file that bundler should use as the Gemfile. This location of this file also sets the root of the project, which is used to resolve relative paths in the Gemfile, among other things. By default, bundler will search up from the current working directory until it finds a Gemfile. In general, you should set these settings per-application by using the applicable flag to the bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html com- mand. You can set them globally either via environment variables or bundle config, whichever is preferable for your setup. If you use both, envi- ronment variables will take preference over global settings. June 2012 BUNDLE-CONFIG(1)